These 184-H beacons have to work

I just won these off eBay and confident they will work perfectly on my Criterion. They're even cut at an angle already. Should take minimum modification to mount them and have them on for Albany.

184-1.jpg

184-2.jpg

Pretty soon I'll have them 184-H's mounted like this.
crit6a.jpg

You will note that Kevin is looking at the ground. I wonder what he was thinking about...... :alc:

we trashed that pictures the lat time it was posted. but I still agree. just whatever you do Richard don't put them on cocked like they did on the one you pictured.

My 184-H's have arrived!! Yeah!! Can't work on them this weekend since I'm going to Michigan to get a gas pump from Brady but will as soon as I can. I hooked them up and they work with only one bulb out. By the looks of it with the angle of the skirt, these may just sit right up there with no trimming. I have the Lifeliner at the house and will need to switch it for the Criterion.

Very anxious........:bunnies:

Hey Ed, I test mounted one of the 184's today while home for lunch and it will require some trimming. If I mount them like they are they will be mounted like these in this picture at a slight angle.

So, I think I will go ahead and mount them and while at Albany get you to help me trim them there.

Up for a challenge?

can do. just set them so that the skirt just touches and they are level. remember you can go down you can't go up. once you trim the mounting studs to clear the lights you had better be as high as you need to be.

I'm waiting to mount these while in Albany. Ed is too technical trying to explain all the leveling and 4 foot this and that and I think the best thing is to wait and have him assist me there. I certainly do not want to screw these up. Bring the dremel and I'm bringing a host of tools as well.

Hey Ed, since you are FLYING will they let you bring any tools on the plane. :smileflag:

Pictures can be decieving

Keep in mind that pictures taken from the side can be deceiving. A straight on frontal shot of the Mt. Morris Criterion from the Northland PCS Collection (may) reveal that they are dead-on level?..... especially if they were originally installed at the M-M Factory. MM

that and dead on is not always correct for the car either. sometimes you have to eye ball it with the rest of the car to make it look right. this is were the old hand sign painters really stood out over the computer designed graphics. square with the work and square with the car are two different things. no matter how square with the world it is if it not square with the car it looks off at any angle. the hand sign painters could eye ball lay it out and correct as they went. but if the band on the light globe doesn't match up with the top box or the drip rail it's off on the car. measuring and leveling are necessary but standing back and looking are more important. things should go to the focal point at the same rate.

Back