Just call me Ed Jr.....

Richard, can you post up close pics of the upper roof trim moulding clips and up close shots of the rear tunnels with lights out of them and where the trim screws go in at on the outside and inside of tunnels?

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hope this helps Jeremy. The rear tunnel light has a screw at the bottom which holds it in place. The top of the light snaps into place then held with the screw.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6808.jpg
    IMG_6808.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 202
Ok, on the rear tunnels are the edges smooth with the outer shell of the tunnel light or is there any groove or indention around the edge where the ring mounts?

Thank ya for the photos!!!

A million reds

When I was picking red for my first car, I asked someone (Jim Klein I believe) what color his was and the answer was dynasty. I was very glad with the choice. At dusk it almost looked like metallic rootbeer. Then I went to GM Flame Rd (believe it was for a 60 or 64 Pontiac). and have stuck with that ever since so my vehicles will match. My ex 68 Superior (Was Tony Karsnias when he was in 3rd grade but old enough to drive) came in American LaFrance red. Putting my American LaFrance (who knows what red it is) next to my other trucks shows there can be a significant difference in reds.
Good luck and let us know what you decide!!!
Kev

When I was picking red for my first car, I asked someone (Jim Klein I believe) what color his was and the answer was dynasty. I was very glad with the choice. At dusk it almost looked like metallic rootbeer. Then I went to GM Flame Rd (believe it was for a 60 or 64 Pontiac). and have stuck with that ever since so my vehicles will match. My ex 68 Superior (Was Tony Karsnias when he was in 3rd grade but old enough to drive) came in American LaFrance red. Putting my American LaFrance (who knows what red it is) next to my other trucks shows there can be a significant difference in reds.
Good luck and let us know what you decide!!!
Kev

Kevin,
Thank you for the info and suggestions...I will check them out for sure....
According to the color plate on the coach the top is Cotillion White and the bottom is American LaFrance Red !!!......I do like the color,but its just a tad to dark for me......but I WILL check out those other colors....
Thanks again !
Jim

Picking colors only by name is a risky thing to do. Bolero red is a common Chevrolet color name, but there are about 7 variations of red that use that name, depending on the year. Bolero red was first used in the early 1950's by Bonanza airplanes.

Kevin,
Thank you for the info and suggestions...I will check them out for sure....
According to the color plate on the coach the top is Cotillion White and the bottom is American LaFrance Red !!!......I do like the color,but its just a tad to dark for me......but I WILL check out those other colors....
Thanks again !
Jim

the cotillion white is standard caddy white two variations of it also but I repeat MM use the GM paint code it's listed just after the name. what is that number the name means nothing it's the number that counts. here are 3 MM tags two 68 and a 69

blew the pictures again

Attachments

• IMG_1503a.jpg
    IMG_1503a.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6746a.jpg
    IMG_6746a.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 117
Here's the data plate on my 72 M-M Lifeliner showing the codes for the Cotillion White #11 and Bolero Red #48 used on it. The Bolero Red M-M used was a 1956 Oldsmobile color if I'm not mistaken.

Attachments

• image-3435241545.jpg
    image-3435241545.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 88
the 48 red is the one Steve was talking about they used it in the GM line up for at least 5 years with different names. the #11 is the standard caddy white. like I said two versions of it both with the same number

Back