MKT S&S Limo

Tim Cenowa

PCS Life Member
Super Site Supporter
I was at the Michigan Funeral Directors Convention and picked up this concept os A MKT Limo by S&S.

Attachments

• mktsslimo.jpg
    mktsslimo.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,269
I like it! Those MKT's are pretty nice cars, if you ask me. Lots of people don't like them because they think it looks like a hearse. Perhaps that is why I like them. But how would an S&S Medic Mark I MKT ambulance look? Something to ponder I guess.

I'd heard from a reputable source that the Accubuilt limos would have a trunk instead of the Lincolin hatch back design and this photo conferms this news.

Aaaargggg! Yet another fugly creation from the design studios of Keller & Wonder (again, that's Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder)

Not too sure about this one yet. I would need to see the real dimentions first. I dont think it looks as good as the hearse, which I do like alot.

Why???

Why is it so difficult to build a beautiful and functional pro-car nowadays? I know there isn't exactly a lot to choose from to build them with anymore, but for Pete's sake, what the hell are the "design" departments doing/thinking???

from the side it's one of those so ugly it's cute kind of things. but the chopped top just doesn't belong on a limo. time to erect a long loafing shed and gather up old stuff and put them under cover, kids in 20 years are going to need cars. the way the market escalates it's better then buying face book stock with the money.

from the side it's one of those so ugly it's cute kind of things. but the chopped top just doesn't belong on a limo. time to erect a long loafing shed and gather up old stuff and put them under cover, kids in 20 years are going to need cars. the way the market escalates it's better then buying face book stock with the money.

Thats the reason I need to see the final product to see if I like it. Artist renderings often make them look lower than they really are. Look at some of the old hearse ads, the car dimentions often looks nothing like the drawing.

Why is it so difficult to build a beautiful and functional pro-car nowadays? I know there isn't exactly a lot to choose from to build them with anymore, but for Pete's sake, what the hell are the "design" departments doing/thinking???

I still think taking a Chrysler PT Cruiser and making it into a hearse with a Packard front clip, and wire wheels, styled like from the mid 1930's (33-37) would be the better over the current lack of imagination.:my2cents:

Re: Why?

That's the problem........they're not doing/thinking!!! :cry: No one has any imagination anymore to create something nice on their own like in the 'good ole days!' :twak:

Last edited:
no kidding!

That's the problem........they're not doing/thinking!!! :cry: No one has any imagination anymore to create something nice on their own like in the 'good ole days!' :twak:

Sadly, even coach building now has fallen prey to giving the people the lowest quality that they will tolerate. I know I may be a dinosaur when it comes to this, but I miss chrome, stainless steel, RWD, big V8's, you know the elements that used to be common in design and in functionality. Common sense dictates that pro cars like any other "work" vehicle are supposed to be built with the said vehicles task in mind to better accomodate the customer/end user.

With where car design is headed (smaller, cheaper, uglier, greener / weaker) I am stocking up on older coaches as much as possible, up through the mid 90's RWD GM chassis coaches.

There is a line in "Blazing Saddles" that pretty much sums up how I feel about this:

I'll let you figure it out so I don't get banned........

Back