Getting a New Toy (project)

My former father-in-law is giving me his hearse, the car has been sitting out in the hot AZ sun for many years but is rust free and runs very well. I believe it to be a 62 Cadillac S&S but have not seen it in about 12 years. As soon as I get it back to the garage I will post a few pictures. I know it needs a front right fender and if I remember correctly any coupe-deVille fender should work. I would like verification if I am either wrong or correct. I would hate to get a fender off of a four door and have it be too short. Thanks for your help. The car is gold in color and I think has the GM 390 cid.:bonk:

getting the hearse

Kenn,
You are correct on the engine size in a 62. If it is the correct engine it is a 390 cu in with a rating of 325 horses. It could have either a Carter or Rochester 4 barrel carb. The trans should be the dual range hydra-matic. The shift indicator will have 2 drive postitions. 4 speeds on the left and 3 on the right. I think reverse will be all the way down to the right. It is on the 61 models. I think this changed in 63 or 64.
We will all be wanting pictures. No one will be concerned with what it looks like when you first get it. We want those pics too.
Good luck,
Mike
61 M-M

Congradulations on your new acwisition. I'm not positive, but I beleave the Deville fender and the Fleetwood fender would be the exact same for your car. And like Mike said, we need to see pics ASAP.:071: Again, congradulations, and good luck with it.

Josh

Back