1962 Cadillac hearse, on Craigslist now

Showed up on Craigslist tonight...
This is the one I found this past spring. Located just outside of Mansfield, Ohio. If anyone is seriously interested, I can go take pix & get more details. He's now asking $4000. It is rusty but cool...

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/2602588884.html

IMG_1006.jpg

My gosh, I know that a hearse is a long car...around 22 feet. But most garages are 24 feet. That garage looks very small. The hearse sticks out both sides of it

Depends when the original structure was built. I remember as a kid, people adding on a section to the front of the garage, or bumping out the lower half section of the rear wall to accommodate the bigger cars of the 1950's. When these "old" garages were built, most people owned cars like the Model T or A, and it wasn't a very long car.

what is the rusty parts of it? I have always wanted a 62 M&M enloader.

Off the top of my head the hood was very rusty all along the front edge and the rocker panels under the chrome was soft. The owner is a very nice guy and has owned the car for 20+ years. He still has pictures of it from when his kids were little posing with it, it was stunning back then. The crinkle top is cooked off now and it's spent far too long outdoors.

I believe the front fenders had rust issues too. Mice have been in the back, which is a shame because the original red interior would have been perfect. I remember it having the illuminated crosses on the rear side panels which is really neat to see intact.

Overall it would be a good project, if it interests you I can go back & be your eyes with my good camera and photograph it.

Back