used the 68 again today

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
i tell you having one of these cars is really the cat's meow. we had about 40 people over to the house today all related to me in some way. they stopped by to help my grandmother celebrate her 100 birthday. we had 5 gen from 3 family make it. of course the great great grand kids didn't have a whole lot of choice were they went today. swing up to the nursing home at 11 and picked grandmother up and took her back around 3 pm. the #28 make for a easy load and unload andhappybirthdayhappybirthday gave her a place to stay with out moving her to much. all in all a nice day made successful with the use of a car we could transport her in. here is a picture of us loading her for the return trip.

Attachments

• IMG_9274C.jpg
    IMG_9274C.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_9275C.jpg
    IMG_9275C.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 270
i tell you having one of these cars is really the cat's meow. we had about 40 people over to the house today all related to me in some way. they stopped by to help my grandmother celebrate her 100 birthday. we had 5 gen from 3 family make it. of course the great great grand kids didn't have a whole lot of choice were they went today. swing up to the nursing home at 11 and picked grandmother up and took her back around 3 pm. the #28 make for a easy load and unload andhappybirthdayhappybirthday gave her a place to stay with out moving her to much. all in all a nice day made successful with the use of a car we could transport her in. here is a picture of us loading her for the return trip.

You are so cool Ed....xmass

I think if it were my 100th birthday a combo is a little too close to a hearse. I'd make sure I moved around and talked a lot, just to be safe...

Grandma is so used to Ed chauffeuring her around in a combo or an ambulance. When you get to be 100, you are just happy that people even remember that you are alive and take you out for a ride once in a while.

I think if it were my 100th birthday a combo is a little too close to a hearse. I'd make sure I moved around and talked a lot, just to be safe...

honest I took the removable panels off and went the long way not in front of the FH. there were 5 of us that jumped in to go get her. the smooth mover and the auto load 28 really helped. you forget that she is unable to move herself. and she had to ask to be repositioned. but she did thank everyone for showing up and helping her celebrate her BD. as we were taking pictures she turned to me and asked ""is today my birthday" and when we said yes she grinned big and said I made it". it is importent to have goals in live. I can only hope what happened to her doesn't happen to me. she went into insulin shock at 89 and fell causing a compression fracture of her neck which left her unable to use her limbs. that and polio at age 3 was to much to over come and she only gained limited use of her arms back. so her task of giving people a job caring for her is not a easy row to hoe but she has been at it for some time now. being able to move her was the reasion I got the first ambulance.

Back