Remember that Mexican '59 MM flower car?

Controversy aside; past; or over - whichever.

I just received much higher resolution pictures of what turned out to be the same coach discussed a couple years back through an entirely different source. (Granted, they're old pictures, yet still easier to see more detail.) Accompanying them? An asking price that wasn't in the stratosphere. This started me thinking, at what point would such a project become palatable..?

Palatable to enjoy as is?

Palatable with a rusty hearse donor to convert? There have been a couple rotted to the waist '59 MM carcasses in passing that would fit suitably. Someone may even be looking for this specific stainless deck, helping another.

Palatable with the rotted '59 MM flower car that has been available in CA for a few years to make correct? Far cheaper in the end to make one between the two than repair what is left of that one. Only 4 known exist, after all, right?

Palatable for a custom even..?

At the base here regardless of authenticity is a *super* solid '59 Miller Meteor commercial chassis funeral coach, with more/less cherry sheetmetal. '59s don't grow on trees. We've seen '59s in deplorable condition with ridiculous asking prices, let alone what some actually realize.

So without further ado, larger images than I normally post.

59mm1b.jpg

59mm1c.jpg

59mm1n.jpg

59mm1e.jpg

Obviously, view dependent, this could be a monumental (yet worthy) project.

Constructive/witty responses welcome. For the love of all things 6' under, please don't state that this is 'worth a grand' (or 'only what someone is willing to pay for it'). Genuinely insightful responses trump age old euphemisms, thank you!

Thanks for the better pics.....interesting to note they are dated the same as the "old" ones. Regardless, this is a cool car that a few days of detailing looks like could be a very nice driver without throwing a ton of money at. Assuming the mechanical's aren't toast and one can do some of the work needed, this one has some possibilities. The rear deck isnt that bad looking. Aint like another one is gonna pull next to ya at ANY car show.:657:

Correct Cary - I noted the same date. This tells me at least one of the middlemen have been cut out. Perhaps that is why the asking price dropped considerably? ;)

Of course I've requested new pictures. We'll see what comes of it.

first of all thanks for the pictures. bigger is not always better if you have to move the pictures around on your screen just to see the headlight. but to right click and save so you can edit and resize there great.

If the mechanicals are ok and frame is good, and you can afford the asking price it would be worth it, it is a very unusual coach and as said before it would be the only one at a show, even a PCS meet. You have to remember just because it wasnt built by one of the big companies does not make it any less of a car, I feel it makes it more.

Back