Heading out to a car show tonight

Robert Shepard

Website Administrator / Past President - Golden St
Super Site Supporter
PCS member Mark Provost and I will be heading out with our ambulances this evening for the Menlo Park P.D. and Ripon P.D. Emergency Vehicle Show in Ripon, CA. There will be a cruise-in at a local drive in restaurant tonight, followed by the show on Saturday. This is always a great event, and the swap meet has goodies that are hard to find anywhere else.

Link to the show and photo gallery:

http://www.riponmenloparkpolicecarshow.com/

That looks like a lot of fun. Some very nice squad cars have been displayed there. Wonder if the '72 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Volunteer will be back this year? Have a great time!

The 72 M-M Volunteer is owned by American Medical Response (AMR). Having seen the car I can only say that if the PCS ran our court system; AMR would go to jail for what they did to their rig. They sent it to a shop to have a new interior installed. The result was carpet everywhere. All floor surfaces, plus the cabinets; yes the cabinets! They removed the M-M window decals and replaced them with AMR corprorate graphics. The interior door panels were replaced with new ones that are embossed with the AMR logo. In short, they ruined the car.

The 72 M-M Volunteer is owned by American Medical Response (AMR). Having seen the car I can only say that if the PCS ran our court system; AMR would go to jail for what they did to their rig. They sent it to a shop to have a new interior installed. The result was carpet everywhere. All floor surfaces, plus the cabinets; yes the cabinets! They removed the M-M window decals and replaced them with AMR corprorate graphics. The interior door panels were replaced with new ones that are embossed with the AMR logo. In short, they ruined the car.
It really is sad to hear about a nice car being ruined. On the other hand, I have seen far worse done with "company" professional cars. Some people get their hands on a pro-car and they see advertisment all over it. It is still a very nice looking car.

Back