Collectible Automobile magazine

Robert Shepard

Website Administrator / Past President - Golden St
Super Site Supporter
I just received several advance copies of the October 2011 edition of Collectible Automobile magazine. It contains a 4 page feature article on my 1975 Miller-Meteor Criterion ambulance. Additionally, the issue also features a price value guide on the Criterion, and the 1975 Miller-Meteor marketing brochure for the Criterion and Lifeliner models. I have no idea what the writer based his thoughts on what one can expect to pay for an example like mine, but I think you will agree that he shot on the low side.

The magazine's photographer submitted all the photos he shot of my car during a 3 plus hour long session. While I like what they chose to run with the article, they did not use any of those taken at dusk or at night. Too bad, as they really presented a greater visual impact.

Despite all my efforts to have the PCS and the Miller-Meteor Chapter referenced in the article, the magazine instead cited the Society of Funeral Coaches. It directs the reader to their website for for queries and notes on Miller-Meteor.

The issue will be distributed to book stores and other retail outlets next month.

Collectible Automobile

I subscribe to Collectible Automobile and just this afternoon received the October issue. The story about Robert Shepard's Criterion is just outstandinig. The story is lavishly illustrated with great color photographs.
This is a superb story about a beautiful car and I suggest that you hurry to your newstands and get a copy as soon as it is released.

Roger D White MD

got to say you picked the right colors for the car. no one would have looked twice at it if we had redone it back in smurf blue and Chevy truck white

I too received my copy in the mail yesterday. Great article! Congrats on having your ambulance picked for an article like that.

Question... While a friend of mine was reading the article, he asked about the blue and what it looked like blue. Are there any pictures still up here at the website to compare? I looked back through some of your posts as well as Ed's and they don't seem to go back far enough. Would like to show him what you guys did to it to bring it back to original.

I kinda liked the "smurf blue" as you call it. EVERYONE has a RED & WHITE ambulance...the blue was different.

:agree: I like seeing ambulances in other colors than red. I just have never been a fan of red vehicles. Every vehicles I have owned have been blue and/or black, but haven't owned many.

I just received several advance copies of the October 2011 edition of Collectible Automobile magazine. It contains a 4 page feature article on my 1975 Miller-Meteor Criterion ambulance. Additionally, the issue also features a price value guide on the Criterion, and the 1975 Miller-Meteor marketing brochure for the Criterion and Lifeliner models. I have no idea what the writer based his thoughts on what one can expect to pay for an example like mine, but I think you will agree that he shot on the low side.

The magazine's photographer submitted all the photos he shot of my car during a 3 plus hour long session. While I like what they chose to run with the article, they did not use any of those taken at dusk or at night. Too bad, as they really presented a greater visual impact.

Despite all my efforts to have the PCS and the Miller-Meteor Chapter referenced in the article, the magazine instead cited the Society of Funeral Coaches. It directs the reader to their website for for queries and notes on Miller-Meteor.

The issue will be distributed to book stores and other retail outlets next month.

First of all congratulations Robert. I have not yet seen the article, but I will.

The thing that kills me about interviewers, is they seem not to listen very well. They are so busy asking questions and writing notes, that everything gets taken out of context. It is a very disappointing experience, when that happens.

As far as values, what would the writer possibly base his estimates on? Now everyone will be out looking for those cheap Criterions.

Your ambulance would have looked nice in either color.

In addition to the article, the ambulance is listed on the cover.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    716.3 KB · Views: 274
Back