1964 Chevy - Pinner is saved!

Stopped out earlier and talked to Keith about the '64. The Pinner was sitting out front. Says he's having a helluva time with people stopping to give it a look-see, one of the local funeral directors stopped and wanted to buy it!!

Hey Everybody!

I'm Matt Siegel, and I owned this '64 Chevy back in the late 80's. I have a lot of stories about her, and would love to answer any questions you might have. I was so thrilled to find her on the internet today, I literally jumped out of my chair!

I'm so glad she has a good home, especially with a member of PCS! It was a very sad day when I sold that car, and I've always wondered what happened to her.

I'm going to dig up a bunch of old pictures and send them to Dwayne.

I'd love to be kept up to date about how the project is going.

So happy to see this!!!

--Matt

Dwayne just recently posted a picture either here or on Facebook of the body work being done. I believe he is shooting for having it on the road early next year.

Dwayne just recently posted a picture either here or on Facebook of the body work being done. I believe he is shooting for having it on the road early next year.

I'm so stoked!

I just read the whole thread (skipped the stuff about the mice). The car originally had a 283 in it, which I completely rebuilt myself. I have pics of that. Disappointed that the original engine has been separated from the car.

The finned Edelbrock value covers, assuming we're talking about something that came with the car, were obviously not original. I have pics of the finished original engine somewhere.

The floor in the rear was a coffin-roller floor. It was plywood with a layer of (I guess it was) masonite, which was finished the same color as the rest of the interior.

I'm very glad that all the things I took off the car and packed up in the 1980's were not lost.

Very happy this car found a good home!

The car came to Dwayne without an engine, I forget exactly what he put in, but its a small block Chevy, probably a 350.

If you search this site a bit, there are pictures of Tom and Jack Pinner standing in front of the car at the Ohio PCS meet in 2011.

Edit: Nevermind, all that stuff is covered in this thread. Guess I should have gone back and re-read it first.

Matt, so good to hear from you and I have a hundred questions to ask you about the Pinner since it was so stripped down when I bought it. I hope you can send me copies of whatever pictures you have, there are so few photos that exist of it from years past.

Back