My latest procar acquisition !!!!!

Nice

Last November 2013 I was able to fill a 20 year dream of buying a procar I fist saw at my first PCS meet in 1993, 20 years prior.

This car is a 1960 Miller Meteor Cadillac Futura Hearse

The last year this car was shown at a PCS meet was 1994 in Pittsburgh PA.

I will be driving the coach to Rochester MN for its official 20 year PCS meet reunion 20 years later in 2104 !

After a few repairs, resealed transmission, new tires and a couple more things to get done, it will be ready for Rochester !!!

If you get the PCS Michigan Chapter's Magazine, Superior Times, you will see a story and photos on the car and myself in the latest issue.
If not, I will likely post a similar story on this site later on.

Check out the photos of the car taken in the last week or so after its winter storage.

One proud owner of a beautiful 1960 MM Futura !

Darren

First photo - when I picked it up in 2013
Second Third Forth photo - when it got its new tires in 2014
Fifth photo - at a car cruise in May
Sixth photo - local lady loving it behind the wheel

Makes me proud to know that such a nice car in in good hands.:applause:

Glad to hear Rick Stockellburg's 1960 Miller-Meteor remains in good hands in such good shape! I greatly admired it even before it won the distance award for being driven 1,182 miles to the first PCS International Meet I attended (in common with Darren) at Chatham, Ontario in 1993 (photos attached). Thanks to the photogenic way its unusual color brought out the surface contours, it wound up featured prominently in the very first PCS feature I ever wrote for OLD CARS WEEKLY, which filled a full page of the September 9th, 1993 issue and became one of the publication-related coups from that autumn that compelled then-PCS President John Hadley Rest-and-Bless-His-Soul to appoint me the club's Publicity Chair several weeks later. If I'm successful, the OCW article will also appear in this post in a size small enough to comply with the website's download limit but big enough to still read the text. Here goes!

Attachments

• 93CHAT_634 THUMB.JPG
    93CHAT_634 THUMB.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 93CHAT_SL2 THUMB.JPG
    93CHAT_SL2 THUMB.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 187
  • PCS Chatham OLD CARS WKLY 9-09-1993 p.6.jpg
    PCS Chatham OLD CARS WKLY 9-09-1993 p.6.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 182
Tim

Thanks !

YES !!! That beauty you have there would look outstanding in silver or grey !!!
It gives it a rich look and feel.

Bill

THANK YOU !

Gregg

Thanks very much !

I will have this car in MN in a few weeks making its 20 year return to the PCS show field. It was last shown at the 1994 PCS meet at the GreenTree in PA.

I just had the exhaust manifold resurfaced and will have it installed this week.
Almost ready for the 40 hours I will be driving the car on my way to, there and home from this years meet.

Not looking forward to the 1200.00 fuel bill for the trip but I sure am ready to make the cars reunion drive !

See you all soon and the '60 MM Cadillac Futura will be there !

Can't wait,
Darren

Tim

Here is another color that looks amazing on old Cadillacs !

What band used that hearse ? I see some lettering on the door !
I love old history of bands that used hearses !!!

Please take lots of photos before the color change.
That part of history is incredible.

:thumbsup:

Darren

Attachments

• 59 Husky 3.jpg
    59 Husky 3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 148
Back