Maple Cotton Ambulance Ohio

Wondering if anyone has ever stopped by Maple Cotton Funeral Home in Ohio to get a few photos of their ambulances. I'll be in that area next weekend, and was thinking about taking a ride over there to snap a couple photos. Anyone ever done that? Are they visitor receptive? Thought maybe Ron Devies or someone over that way might be able to shed some light.

Maple Cotton

I bought Cotton's 70 C-B Seville Combination and then sold it back to them last year when I bought the 61" Rescuer. I haven't seen Curt since then, but have seen their cars out and about. Anything I can do to help, feel free to give me a call Scott, I have known the Cotton family for years.

how do I post images from my computer?

How do I post images from my computer? I read the "FAQ" page, but I don't understand it. My profile also says I'm not permitted to post attachments, but I also don't understand what that means or why it would say that. HELP!

How do I post images from my computer? I read the "FAQ" page, but I don't understand it. My profile also says I'm not permitted to post attachments, but I also don't understand what that means or why it would say that. HELP!

I am not 100% sure but I believe you have to be a site supporter. I am, if you want to email them to me. I think Mr. Moderator would be even a better person to send them too. How did it go?

a couple of photos

Based on my research, it appears there are only 2 funeral homes in Ohio that still run emergency ambulance service in a business model where the ambulance service is not a separate entity from the funeral home. One is Brickner’s (covered in “Humble Heroes”) and the other is Maple-Cotton, who I wasn’t able to pin down when I was doing the “Humble Heroes” research. This weekend I took a drive to Maple-Cotton (thanks to Ron Devies for his valuable insight) and snapped a couple of photos. Based on the current state of the EMS industry in Ohio, I believe both of these operations will be swallowed up by larger companies or will be just plain defunct within the next decade. First photo is their "first out" car; second photo is of their "second out"; third photo is the funeral home and what I believe to be the Cotton residence based on the EMS flag flying on the porch. What’s here today is history tomorrow….

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 207
thanks

Wayne-thanks for your kind words. I have the seed of an idea for another book, but it's very much in the "thinking stage" right now. Primarily I just wanted to get pictures before these places become a part of "Vanishing Americana"

Yep That's It

Looks like Curt Cotton got himself a new rig. The building is the funeral home. Also in Carrolton nearby they own Allmon-Dugger-Cotton FH. Actually besides the Bar and the Dairy Isle the funeral home is one of the few businesses left in Kensington. A sad tale of what is happening to our small towns.

Back