ac line

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
I need the line that runs from a condenser to a compressor in a 72 Caddy. It's part aluminum and part rubber. I checked to see if I could take the one of my 75 Caddy and its different. The tube goes through the fire wall (see photo with flex tie on hole)
Any ideas on where I can get one of these would be appreciated!
Thanks
Kevin

Attachments

• DSC01893.jpg
    DSC01893.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 133
that would be the high presser line. rock auto, original parts group, your locale parts store. they show up new on e-bay also.

Are you going to convert this to 134A or keep it R12? 134A is a much smaller molecule than the R12, and it will permeate the old rubber hoses, and you will need to keep recharging it. There is no cost savings to 134A in the long run. I buy R12 at the swap meets, and it has been running about $20 per pound (the small cans are 12 ounces). Your car will take about 5 pounds if it has rear air. You can purchase the R12 special oil (525 viscosity) from Amazon. It is made by Delco, and it comes in quart bottles... about $18 per bottle. Do it right the first time, and you don't have to worry about it in the future.
Paul

Thanks Paul!

I'll run this by my mechanic. I need to do what AACA would require (at least look that way)!!! Thanks again
Kev

Back