Shock Absorbers for a 1972 Pontiac Superior Ambulance

Anyone replace their shocks and willing to share what worked, what didn't, etc? I saw KYB was the recommended. Any model numbers, etc? Tricks of the trade?

Thanks,

now me I have always walked down to the local auto parts store and bought them across the counter. if I could get AC Delcos I did so. if I can get oil filled I did that to. the qas and extremely cold weather don't go together. shocks will not make up for poor suspension weak springs or worn front end parts or poor quality tires. all they do is remove the rebound out of the spring action. the larger the bore, the bigger the piston, the more response to the spring action you get. double action works both ways up and down single only down. if you not off road racing a set of heavy duty across the counter will work all right. you need better ride and handling put the money into a decent set of 6 ply rated 235 x15 tires. put the raised white letters to the inside and run black walls on it. you will have a tire that can carry the load and you won't have to put 50 psi in it to do so. the car just looks crappy.
but today you can't have decent looks and a good tire for a heavy car they just don't make them.

Back