1952 Cadillac Ambulance

its an ambulance we agree

This is a 54 model. Big fog/turn signals in either side of the grille. I learned to drive in a 54 Coupe de Ville. The 55 and 56 models had the same body shape but the grilles were different and the parking lights were at the ends of the grille at the lower corner of the fenders.
Now what else can we find in these old tv shows?
Mike

what else was in here

This film was before continuity directors. If you watch the whole thing you will see Crawford heading to the farm in an Olds. He usually drove Buicks. When he leaves the farm he is in a Mercury. On the way to the crime scene it turns into an Olds again. And how many saw the VW in the parking area near the crime scene?
Mike

Another non connect: At the end at the crime scene there is a 51/52 dark colored Chevy parked next to a '55 Chevy in the back ground when they are talk to the girl. However when they are putting the girl in the car a minute later that 51/52 Chevy is just pulling in. Lot of stuff like that that make these shows fun to watch. That plus all the vintage iron. For those that are into two wheel scoots watch the epsiode title motorcycles. Great iron and an early Clint Eastwood appearance before Rawhide.

signs of simpler times

I agree watching the old films is a great way to see old iron. Whether on 2, 4 or more wheels. I missed the Chevy thing completely. It is still hard to watch some of them when you know one of your favorite vehicles is going to 'buy the farm'. But yes, we will keep watching.
Thanks for sharing this one with us.
Mike

Steady red?

Unless my eyes are failing me.... it looked like the two tunnel lights were flashing and the LH spot light was clear.... NO CALIF STEADY RED!..... maybe a new factory "loaner or rental" to the studio production company? MM

This show was classic for inconsistencies

I actually was impressed enough as an elementary school kid to spot all the inconsistencies this show had. Talk about leaving in one car and arriving in another...and in this episode, it showed the car heading for the utility pole dead center but then struck with the left front fender only. What made contact with the pedestrian?
Oh well low budget I guess. Who else could use a microscope wearing a hat? Remember all the fights he got in to and never lost his hat? A far cry (laugh) from Reno 911.
Kevin

Highway Patrol is still available

I have every episode of Highway Patrol............if anyone is interested in buying the complete set of about 175 episodes, please send a private email, and I'll find the address of the co. that has the show for sale..............:Exclamation:

HAH! I spent a while the other night watching this episode and the next of Highway Patrol! I'd never seen a complete episode before. I recall it being on in reruns as a kid, but after my bedtime. One time I remember getting up and heading downstairs to our playroom where the TV was and my mother was ironing or something. The TV was on but she wasn't watching it-"HP" was starting up so I quietly sat on the steps thinking I'd get to see some of it. No dice, my mother saw me and said "you've got to get to bed, I don't want you watching that!" A good friend of mine is a HUGE fan of the show and told me how he and his 2 brothers would eagerly await each week's episode. He's also a very knowledgeable car buff and I told him yesterday about the hulu link so he could watch some episodes! I thought the "special effect" of the hit & run victim laying down way before the old coupe "hit" him was a riot! The collision w/ the phone pole looked pretty real though. Hopefully some of the other episodes will have more patrol car action:D.

I actually was impressed enough as an elementary school kid to spot all the inconsistencies this show had. Talk about leaving in one car and arriving in another...and in this episode, it showed the car heading for the utility pole dead center but then struck with the left front fender only. What made contact with the pedestrian?
Oh well low budget I guess. Who else could use a microscope wearing a hat? Remember all the fights he got in to and never lost his hat? A far cry (laugh) from Reno 911.
Kevin

All this time, I thought that the reason watched these police shows and you went into police work was because you always wanted to be just like Dan Mathews and Joe Friday combined.... :D

Mercury? did u hear

Steve,
Did you hear the one about "When better cars are built, Buick will build them"? Really being a Fordophile and a Buickphobe it is a hard decision here.
Maybe I will just stick with the procars.
Mike

Back