Wanted - Receiver Drier for Air Conditioning

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I am looking for a receiver drier for my 1962 Chevrolet. Don't know if I will be fortunate enough to find a NOS one, so I will take a used one that I can have rebuilt. the part number is 3153090. This part is found on the following vehicles.

1962 - 1963 Chevrolet full size
1962 Oldsmobile full size
1961-62 Pontiac full-size
1963-67 all Pontiac models
1962 Buick Special or Skylark models

It is 12" high and has a 2 1/2" diameter

inlet and outlet are both the same size...

Try Bud's Auto Salvage in Aline Oklahoma. They specialize in early cars. Also, try car-part.com as a search engine for auto salvage yards. You can regionalize or nationwide search.

I've used Bud's before. Reasonable prices IMO.

Paul,
The Olds ambulance that you got your tunnel lights off of was a factory A.C. car. I assume that it has not been crushed yet. I can probably grab it in the next couple of weeks.

Receiver Dryer

Paul you can probably match the dryer you need at a NAPA or a truck parts dealer.
If its for add-on air conditioning then its a generic model that should be easy to find.
From your description you don't have factory air or an early GM VIR system.
A good parts dealer will have them in stock or can show you photos. Four Seasons and other A/C parts manufacturers still manufacture them.
The dryer will not affect the system operation if it is smaller or larger. You may have to compensate by adjusting the amount of oil and refrigerant when recharging. Joe

Back