Cadillac Limousine, 1966

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/maple-valley-cadillac-limousine-1966/6838643133.html

Cadillac Limousine, 1966 - $4000

Note the new and attractive price. This big black automobile has a strong driveline and good tires. Chrome and stainless trim are good, paint is not. Car has tilt-telescope steering wheel, cruise control, headlight dimmer, power wind wings, vacuum trunk release, and the special radio with the rear seat control. Needs body work on the right rear door and fender. All Fleetwood trim is present and the division window works. Text messages will not be answered. NOTE: The following is added because many responders seem to think that a 53 year old vehicle at this price is ready to drive to New York City. Not so. When I bought this car it was 12 years young and just retired from easy/breezy funeral home service. Nevertheless I put on new tires, did a complete brake rebuild, rebuilt the carburetor, did plugs-points-condenser, and replaced all hoses. Then I considered it ready for a 400 mile trip to San Francisco, which it handled just fine. Since then it has had nothing more than normal tuneups and it has sat idle for the past 20 years. So how could it be ready to just drive home and use as a daily driver? Answer, it is not ready. Needs to be gone through just like any other used car. By the way, if the price is not right, you can always dig out 20-30,000 bucks and get a better one. The perfect driveline, glass, trim, bumpers, and interior are worth more than the asking price.

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 225
Looks like a pretty good deal on a Series 75 Formal Limo! Sounds like the seller has owned it since 1978! Unfortunate "whiskey ding" on the right side.

I like it! Back in 1976 I owned one just like it, but mine was like new. It feels like I am going home again.

I had a high school teacher that had an identical '66 Series 75 that was his daily driver in the late '70s. This one is awfully well equipped for a '66 Series 75!

I had some interest in this car, so I contacted the seller. He told me that the car has not been driven for thirty years. When I asked him when the oil and coolant were last changed, he said thirty years on the oil and that apparently it has no anti freeze in it, as it was a Ca car until five years, or so ago. A little too much to worry about for me, so I am out.

Back