1964 Cadillac Ambulance

Kurt.... so true so true. Why do people think a quickie repaint with a long shag roller makes the car look better and worth more? It just escapes me.

it doesn't make it worth more or less. if the car needs paint it needs paint. but you read the add you can see what it was being used for. I'm guessing the old lacquer fell off the quarter and the spray bomb is covering the rust. but if you buy the car, get it home and spend in the neighborhood of another 50 grand on it you to can have a car worth about 25 big ones tops. you will then own one of a very few of them. if you love it and want it the money is no object. if your on the fence stay there.

A weather original/old paint car is ALWAYS worth more to me than a recently sprayed car that was obviously done in an attempt to cover up God only knows what lies beneath! Not only did this dude make a huge mess of all of the bright work on this car, but he actually expects to make a sizeable chunk of change for his half-assed efforts.

it doesn't make it worth more or less. if the car needs paint it needs paint. but you read the add you can see what it was being used for. I'm guessing the old lacquer fell off the quarter and the spray bomb is covering the rust. but if you buy the car, get it home and spend in the neighborhood of another 50 grand on it you to can have a car worth about 25 big ones tops. you will then own one of a very few of them. if you love it and want it the money is no object. if your on the fence stay there.

in appearance only when you pick it up. we all know the bright work needs to be redone all of it. the paint needs to be striped to bare metal before refinishing it. but if you use the cheap rattle can shine to help revell the bad spots it will let you know if there is a lot of body work to do or just a strip and repaint. I understand the curb appeal part. a good bath and blowing the cobwebs, dead wasps excess paper products out will go a long way to making a man think he is getting his moneys worth. but here it's a drivable 64 ambulance that needs rebuilt with no front seat and over priced. when I look at one like it I'm looking at what needs to be done and what it would cost me to do it. checked out peeling original paint or spray bombed over the same is the same cost. me I'm not looking to buy the car, clean it up a little, toss in a seat and send it down the road.or just drive it like it is. I understand some are and having this one spray bombed will not make this possible to do that. to me it's over priced only as every dime you spend on acquiring the car and getting it home is one you can't spend rebuilding it. but another man might look at it as the one he has been searching for and be willing to pay the price. saw one redone. they make a nice car. not the wow factor of the superiors but just a nice clean car with interesting lines.

Back