What is your favorite ProCar of all time ?

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
If you could only have ONE ProCar...

Any make - Any year - Any style - Ambulance/hearse/flowerCar/Limo/Combo
from horse drawn to 2011...

What would it be ? and Why ?

I will start with my choice:

It would be a....

1960 Cadillac Eureka 3way Landau Hearse

I love the front end, fin over the no-draft window, Stylish landau bars, curved second window, long smooth rear quarter fins, huge curved rear door.
Black with black/gray interior would be fantastic.

I have loved hearse since I was a young kid. I will always own a hearse til the day I die. Maybe one day, the one mentioned above.
Until then, I will drive the beauties I have now.

What's your favorite ProCar of all time ?

Let us know,
Darren

P.S. Here is a list of many of them by Steve Lichtman. Stolen from another thread. THANKS Steve !

Superior, Cunningham, Miller, Meteor, Miller-Meteor, Eureka, S&S, Henney, Flxible, Economy, Comet, Cotner-Bevington, Pinner, Memphis, ACC, Thacker, AHA, Eureka (McPherson-era), Eagle, Accubuilt

Cadillac, Packard, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Buick, Olds, Ford, Lincoln, Studebaker

1941 Henney-Packard Flower Car. I had one once, but it was so rusted out I did'nt want to restore it. I already went through that ordeal once with my 4198L Landau Hearse. I sold the Flower Car, and now it's history. :poster_oops:

Wow Darren, thats a hard one. If we have to narrow it down to just one, I'm going to have to think on that one for a bit. Does it have to be just one?

Josh

1938-1940 90 Series Cadillac

If I had to chose only one professional car, it would be a 1938, 1939, or 1940 Cadillac 90 Series. I have always loved these beautiful cars, and would be thrilled to own a car with a V-16 motor. This picture is of one that was for sale on eBay about 18 months ago.

Attachments

• 693e_3.jpg
    693e_3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,375
Josh

Yes... only one !

I know everyone has a long list of cars they would love to own but just your absolute favorite one.

If you have a list of ten, keep eliminating until you end up with the ONE !

Kevin

Very classy car there !
I see why you choose it.

Darren

Carved panel from the 30's, don't know what years they were built. There is so much detail and are beautiful cars. I have never even seen one in "person".

Yes... only one !

I know everyone has a long list of cars they would love to own but just your absolute favorite one.

If you have a list of ten, keep eliminating until you end up with the ONE
Can't do it. Sorry. I like ambulances. Period. There are very few I don't like, even most boxes and vans.

For me it's gotta be the '57 Superior 3-way limo hearse. The fins aren't too gaudy yet, the front bumper is visually impressive and to me, the roof from the c-pillar back is pure class. I'm also a sucker for suicide doors!

Steve

Well let me help you out...
Your 1960 Buick ambulance is one of my favorite ambulances.
I have admired it since seeing it in Pittsburgh in 1994 !

Its so unique and has cool lines. Love it !

Don't agree on the boxes bro ! But that's just me.

Darren

1959 Superior Cadillac

Although I appreciate all professional cars, I have liked hearses since I was very young. The 1959 Superior Cadillac Royale 3-Way is the one that made me fall in love with professional cars.

picture.php

From the shape of the windshield and rear wrap-around windows, to the long, ridiculous fins. The way that Cadillac body design is stretched into 22 feet of flowing beauty just does it for me. I prefer the slightly more traditional look to that of the Crown Royale series for that year, which is equally beautiful. Combine that crazy design with a 3-Way casket table and great interior, plus the moan, groan, and whine of a 50's Cadillac and you've got one heck of a car. :thumbsup:

While I think Eureka may have Superior beat as far as quality (especially the interiors), Superior's body design for 1959 was the best of all.

Josh

Here is a photo of one of my favorite cars you mentioned as
YOUR FAVORITE.

Here is John and Patti's 1939 Cadillac S/S 3way Carved Panel Hearse.

This is one incredible car !
It is a lot of other peoples favorite car too.

You will get to see it at the Ohio meet IN PERSON this summer.

Darren

Attachments

• Johns 39 SS.jpg
    Johns 39 SS.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 398
Without hesitation, 1965 Superior Pontiac Rescuer. Sat in a brand new one when I was 11 and thought it was way cool.
45 years later (pinch me), I am able to own one, way too cool.

Attachments

• 65-26.jpg
    65-26.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 424
Tim

Awesome you HAVE your dream car !

Always a great thing to hear. You have a nice one too.

Steve to Evan to you ! I bet it will hang out with you for a long time eh !

Thanks for posting.

Enjoy your pride and joy,
Darren

Jerry: It is truly sad to see how few of these beautiful workhorses survived. One of the great aspects of this group is not only how they track down "survivors", but what they are able to do with them and bring them back to a new life.

I'd love to find a 1961 S & S Peerless Parkway lowtop ambulance

I love my 61 ,but would probably sell / trade for a 60 Crown Limo Style 3-Way .

Attachments

• DSC01498.jpg
    DSC01498.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC02508.jpg
    DSC02508.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 374
Favourite (Car)

Geez Darren that's a hard one.
I worked in EMS from age 14-35. Before I had a drivers lic. I would drive them in the wash bay to give the cars a bath. I then went on to drive many cars. That were late 60s and mid 70s.

These are my 3 favourite cars I drive while working at Memorial Ambulance & Invalid Coach Service in Buffalo, NY

68 Cadillac Surperior Coach (just like Len Langlois Chatham, Ontario)
70 Cadillac M+M Volunteer (just like Dan Britinglinger's of IL:
73 Cadillac Surperior 51" B+M siren on fender

I have pictures of all three cars. Thanks for the question-Darren have a good day Buddy. :my2cents:

Ok Darren, after a couple hours of trying to narrow it down to just one, I would probly have to go with a 1956 Eureka Landau 3way, black of course. Good lord that was the hardest question I've had to answer in years. Ask me the same question a month from now and the answer might change. I have so many Pro-cars on my dream car list, its hard to pick just one.

Josh

Attachments

• 56e.jpg
    56e.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 440
Back