Another Federal 174 Super Beacon Ray for sale

I really wanted to hold on to this, but it turns out my daily driver needs a whole new exhaust, at the worst possible time of year for me.

Federal Signal 174 SUPER Beacon Ray oscillating light, professionally restored by John Dorgan a few years ago. As many of you know, John's work usually exceeded "New Old Stock" condition.

The plastic dome looks great, only has some negligible scratches from where another dome was stored or shipped on top of it (they must have all had this, I haven't seen one without). Certainly not noticeable on a vehicle, or even up close on an assembled light. It is really only seen when held up to the light unmounted.

The skirt is near 100% with only a VERY small dent on the back side, opposite the tag. You can see it in the picture with my finger in it. Again, not noticeable at all on a vehicle, or even on a shelf. The skirt has not been cut to fit a roof.

Mechanically it works fine, no problems. It does not currently have a base gasket, but I am working on getting one. If I am able to get it before it is shipped I will be happy to include it. Assume it comes without one.

Asking $450 SHIPPED for this one. Go look around the internet for one of these and you will see this is really a fair deal. The ones you'll find on ebay with rust spots and dents, and sometimes not a dome, are selling regularly for $300. The NOS one I just sold, which was not as nice as this one, is now for sale elsewhere for $650, which is a typical asking price for a "mint condition" one. I really don't think you'll find one in this shape for this price ever again.

Pictures:

174b1.jpg

174b2.jpg

174b4.jpg

174b6.jpg

174b7.jpg

174b8.jpg

174b9.jpg

174b10.jpg

174b11.jpg

174b12.jpg

Getting back to selling some things, last chance on this one before it goes somewhere else. $395 SHIPPED, without base gasket. You'll never find a nicer deal than this.

Trying to answer a few questions...any experts know the date of debut for the 174, or other 17x series lights, for that matter? I know I've seen a list with that information before...

I believe the black background Federal Signal Beacon Ray metal tag on the base is quite rare also, as most of them had a red background. This is a *very* nice Beacon Ray.

Abe

Back