1971 GMC Ambulance (Project)

Not mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GMC-Other-A...cddd4dc40&item=261419752512&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Starting bid:
US $2,000.00

THIS IS A PROJECT, HASN;T RUN IN 10 YRS, 65000 ORGINAL MILES, HAS A 402 BBC WITH A 4 BBL EDELBROCK INTAKE,NO CARB, A NEW HEI,AUTO TRANS,POSI REAR. DUAL A/C,NEW UPHOLSTERY IN THE FRONT.
MISSING ONE BIG SIDE GLASS AND ONE REAR DOOR GLASS
I STARTED THIS PROJECT YRS AGO, I WAS GONNA USE IT AS A RACE CAR HAULER, BUT A SPONSER GAVE ME A HAULER SO I LOST INTEREST IN THE PROJECT..
THIS WAS AN AMBULANCE FOR THE CITY OF ETNA IN N.CA., STILL NAS SOME AMBULANCE STUFF IN THE BACK
PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS AND LOOK AT PIC'S CAREFULLY FOR CONDITION, AND EMAIL FOR MORE INFO
AS IS WHERE IS...
WILL HELP WITH LOADING

Attachments

• $_114.JPG
    $_114.JPG
    1.7 KB · Views: 198
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 17
Does anyone recognize the maker of this rig? It seems to still be carrying some of it's in-service DNA, note the original CA exempt plates on the front bumper.

I could use that squad bench and the med cabinet laying in the back but I don't want to give that much for them

This unit was listed at the end of Feb on E-Bay with starting bid of $1500 (no Bids)...so now its starting at $2000....?? Hmmmm:rolleyes:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14969&highlight=1971
Ha, gotta love the logic (and marketing skills) of some sellers! :) I found it listed on other auction and forum sites around the web at both prices with no takers so far.

I'd love to own this project, it's just about what I'm looking for but the current pricing combined with the remote location make it a challenge for me to put it in my garage.

Does anyone recognize the maker of this rig? It seems to still be carrying some of it's in-service DNA, note the original CA exempt plates on the front bumper.
Michael: I see this rig is from the City of ETNA (CA) the same place "RJ" who lists all the "ran well when parked 7 years ago copcar junk" has a ETNA PD car from. Probably not related, but he may know the history on it? MM

Stoner Crash Wagon
Thanks for that quick answer Steve!

Michael: I see this rig is from the City of ETNA (CA) the same place "RJ" who lists all the "ran well when parked 7 years ago copcar junk" has a ETNA PD car from. Probably not related, but he may know the history on it? MM
Ha! You're right Mike, this is right in Bob's prime pickings neighborhood. He tends to be hard to reach but might be worth a try.

Back