molding clips

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
this set looks to be promising for the later modal cars that used the rambler clip with the push pin. it's stated to fit a late modal BMW Or one of them over there cars. I really can't remember. OK the box says Audi.

but it fits snug in the 73 molding. if the hole in the car will except it we have it made.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 193
M-M Criterion Side Molding Clips

ED: In order to properly do the extensive rust repairs and subsequent complete paint job we removed all of the M-M side moldings on our 1974 M-M Criterion. Nearly all of the OEM Clips were rusted out and fell apart. Our local clip supplier does not have the (exact) clips. Do you have a source and part number for those clips?

In a related project...(some) of the lower rocker side molding clips (not available from Max Merritt) for our 1954 Henney-Packard Ambulance restoration were the same as an early 50's Buick. THANKS! MM

the 75 of Robert's used these type of plastic clips for the fender to taillight. if yours had the steel spring clips in them they have been replaced at some time. if we are talking about the fender to tail light side molding. that small a spring clip seams to have dried up. there is a source for the next size up but one will have to drill the holes bigger and you will have to trim them to get them on

I ordered these from car quest at around 15 bucks, will worth trying. I could send you a couple out by mail if you wanted to try them.

or if you could post a pictures of the remains of the old one I might know what your looking for.

the S&S used the standard gm clip with the welded studs. they are still around. but you will need the rivets and the nose piece to to put them on the car.

Attachments

• auveco plastic clips 2.jpg
    auveco plastic clips 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1601 picked up these.jpg
    IMG_1601 picked up these.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 154
The molding clips we are after are the Miller-Meteor Criterion (proprietary) ones for the Large S-S Moldings by the Ditch Lights and the Lower Belt Line of the Ambulance Body itself. The OEM-Cadillac Moldings were readily available from our local body shop hardware source. I will try to send you a picture of one sometime Monday. THX-MM

The clips for the large stainless steel roof moldings on the Miller Meteor have been discontinued. I had found the correct clip, and I was able to order it directly from the manufacturer through a friend. When I asked him to order me additional clips, the manufacturer said that they were out of stock, and discontinued. They are a push pin type of clip, and if you can save the old ones by pushing the pin in towards the inside of the car, to release them. Replacement pins used to be available, but if they are not, you can probably use a wooden dowel and cut it to short lengths, and use that as a retainer pin.

Clips

The molding clips we are after are the Miller-Meteor Criterion (proprietary) ones for the Large S-S Moldings by the Ditch Lights and the Lower Belt Line of the Ambulance Body itself. The OEM-Cadillac Moldings were readily available from our local body shop hardware source. I will try to send you a picture of one sometime Monday. THX-MM

Here is a link to the pdf catalog of Auveco.

They do not sell direct but just Goggle the Auveco pt# and you can find a vendor. Lost of parts houses carry the stuff but the mark up is pretty drastic. You can usually get a box of 50 or 100 for what the parts house want for just a few of the same clip. A lot of the places that specialize in these clips will use the Auveco # as there # . I sent a sample into one company they gave me there pt# and a sample . They wanted 69 cents per clip ,when I checked the Auveco catalog for the same part I got a box of 50 for $6.00 bucks. Any place that sells the clips can usually order a paper Auveco catalog . There is a oem interchange in the catalog and most of the illustrations are full size to help identify the clips. Some time you are stuck going to a specialty company but Auveco still has quite a bit of the clips that will work on the old stuff.

please don't force me to go to my drop shots site and look threw them for the pictures of Roberts lower and upper top molding . what was used was the molding. what they did was chop the molding in squares and trim off the edges the pop rivet the squares on the car. the molding was them hung from the top of them and smacked smartly with a rubber hammer to pop it over the bottom. pretty tricky those boys a MM. now then if your headliner is out. you can draw a line down the center and drill threw it to put on a t bolt clip like was used in the 71 to 74 MM and CBs

you are luckly I have one of them at my grasp

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 170
dug out a few more of them. all of the pictures are here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/albums/149937

they are in two albums. here I'm taking off the top one and a close up of it. you might now that top to bottom the clip is screwed on a different direction. who can sat. it comes apart this way to goes back together the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 111
That's it!

dug out a few more of them. all of the pictures are here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/albums/149937

they are in two albums. here I'm taking off the top one and a close up of it. you might now that top to bottom the clip is screwed on a different direction. who can sat. it comes apart this way to goes back together the same.

ED: Were you able to salvage and reuse all of your's....and-or....did you have buy some new ones and if so where and the Part #? THX-MM

as they were chopped out of the stainless steel stock the molding was made from they were in good shape. if you have a extra molding you can make all you need. they were a different style then this one if yours were steel.

but think bar stock,chop saw,small washers and screws. the same as they used on the front of the one on top of the quater.

find a bar stock the with of the molding. cut it into squares. mark your top where the edge of the molding goes. drill two holes in each square. center the square in the lines and drill the holes in the body threw the holes in the square.
then place enough washers under the square to put it high enough so that the molding will just slide threw them but stay snug to the body

you now have built you a MM molding clip. the screws on either end keep the molding in place. they are spaced about a hand with apart.

Richard did the same thing on his lifeliner. they are the same molding.

Back