Rear side doors

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
[SIZE="3"]I'm using all external parts of a Coupe DeVille for a parts car. I wont' be using the roof or the trunk, but everything else is ready for installation.
I'd like to know how the rear side doors were made. My mechanic was thinking that the rear doors were front doors with the front 4 or 5 inches trimmed off.
Now he's wondering if the doors were stretched by the coach manufacturer. I'm guessing the entire door was made by the coach company.
Next: can these rear side doors be interchanged between say Superior and MM??? I'd be happy if they are, even if the upper half didn't fit. We plan on saving the top half anyway.
Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated. With the use of the parts car which is in great shape, we'd like to have the rear doors the same.
Thanks everyone!!!
Kev
[/SIZE]

Have you contacted Carl Woerner and Dale Cooper at CW Coach in Cincinnatti?? They have quite a stash of good used doors.

MM made the center doors from scratch. if they used anything from GM it would be the vary front of the door frame were the hinges are bolted on. but I don't think that was GM, but the standard MM used a number of years B pillar hing set up. the doors have to be MM. superior and the rest were different sizes and hinged a different way. vary seldom would anyone have to replace more then the beltline molding down for rust.

I have a friend who checked his spares for you. He doesn't have an entirely rust free '74-'76 MM rear side door pair, but he does have a pair that will take nominal repair along bottom only, exterior door skins are good. $125 each no glass or top frames if it improves what you have.

Back