Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Technical Discussion Forum

Technical Discussion Forum For the discussion of technical questions about Professional Cars and their repair and maintenance. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:35 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,125 Times in 3,605 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Gear Shift "Vacuum Control" 1938 Chevrolet Division General Motors

Old 05-15-2017, 11:29 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,641 Times in 5,752 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

a long way around convincing people it's better. I remember when I was working in the chevy dealership out in ranch country. there was a man with a 68 chevy full size car. he explained to me that he's got to keep it up and running because he can get a new car with a standard transmission any more. and he likes that direct connection. I just chuckled.

but now I better understand him. I can't get a new car with a key anymore either.

but I did own a 53 New Yorker with the fluid coupling and electric shift. there are a lot of time I wish I had keep that one up