TPC issue #153

I finally got mine today too here in Toronto !

I hope Joe in For Erie got his today too.

I will open mine up after playing unicycle basketball tonight !

These PCS magazines will be a future collectible for sure !!! :applause:

Enjoy them,
Darren

One question I have, just out of curiosity, where in the heck did people like Tom McPherson obtain all this historical data and factory photographs of these cars? All of these companies (in their original form) have been gone since the 60s and 70s! Did companies like Superior, M-M, S&S etc have an archive of all their data and photographs that they parted with once they closed down or something? I'm just really curious how we're able to amass all this data and information! I'm THRILLED that it's still around, and very thankful that it wasn't destroyed after the companies went out of business.

Abe

Tom did get the majority of the archives from each company when they went out of business. He did get all the production records from the Flxible Company and can provide history on where and to whom each car was sold too.

He has a mountain of paperwork and factory photos from all of the coach builders and loves to share all of his collection with PCS members through his books and stories written for the Professional Car magazine.

It will truly be a shame if he ever decides to stop writing or gets to an age where he is unable to share his collection with us any longer.
I bet he will continue to do this as long as he is able. He truly loves professional cars and the PCS !

Without question, Tom is the person who provides the PCS with the most historical information and photos ! He is an asset to the PCS.

Be proud of the work he does for the PCS every 2 months now we have gone to a 6 issue a year magazine !!!

What you are getting now, may not always be here. Be thankful for a jamb packed issue of the magazine every issue !

To all who have a part in the magazine every month.... WE SOLUTE YOU !!!

:applause:
Darren

Dumpster diving.

Walt and Tom and to a lesser extent some of the rest of us literally fished much of this material out of the dumpsters of companies that had been sold or closed. A large part of my collection came from a closed M-M dealer who had saved everything.

Last edited:
Walt and Tom and to a lesser extent some of the rest of us literally fished much of this material out of the dumpsters of companies that had been sold or closed. A large part of my collection came from a closed M-M dealer who had saved everything.

And we THANK YOU all for doing the "fishing" :applause::applause::applause:

Still have not gotten this issue but have gone to Canada Post and reported this to them,stating everyone else in Ontario and folks in Australia have gotten theirs,so they will look into it,their lame brain excuse that the mailbox might not be big enough was countered when I said I got a replacement in a brown envelope and it fit and may have got to me because they could not see inside it:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Back