Miller-Meteor meet in April or May?

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
I'm working on the Ohio Chapter meet calendar for the year. I made a note ages ago that there was a possible Miller-Meteor meet up happening in April or May. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about and have details on this?

I can add it to the chapter calendar, but it would be great if I had more info to go on since I need to not schedule our chapter meets on the same weekend.

Thanks!

I'm working on the Ohio Chapter meet calendar for the year. I made a note ages ago that there was a possible Miller-Meteor meet up happening in April or May. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about and have details on this?

I can add it to the chapter calendar, but it would be great if I had more info to go on since I need to not schedule our chapter meets on the same weekend.

Thanks!

Check with one of The Miller/ Meteor Chapter officers, Jon Wurm, Larri Dirks or Tony Karsnia. I have not heard of anything about a gathering. However, I have heard from Tom Caserta that there is some sort of Celebration in the City of Bellefontaine, Oh. this Summer. I'm not sure if the Miller/Meteor Chapter has been contacted nor the dates of the Celebration.

Bellefontaine I believe is Saturday, April 26, 2014

Piqua is Friday 5pm-8pm May 16, 2014 This is when we would display our procars right downtown Piqua on a blocked off street during The Taste of History night.

Maybe contact Tom Caserta for more Piqua details.

Chuck, thanks for the info. Are these M-M celebrations or just town festivals? I'm not looking to plan something extra at this point. We already have planned at least one chapter meet per month from April through October. I just wanted to make sure that none of our chapter meet dates conflict with an event that was already being planned.

Chuck, thanks for the info. Are these M-M celebrations or just town festivals? I'm not looking to plan something extra at this point. We already have planned at least one chapter meet per month from April through October. I just wanted to make sure that none of our chapter meet dates conflict with an event that was already being planned.

I have no information as to whether there is a M/M Chapter event planned in conjunction with either celebration.

Thanks for the info. Any M-M owners going to this? I'm taking a professional development course that weekend, so I'll have to skip, but hopefully some others can attend.

Miller-Meteor Chapter

The Miller-Meteor Chapter was founded specifically to support these types of activities. The Logan County Historical Society is attempting to permanently preserve history and we have the opportunity to be a part of that.

This morning, I spoke to Todd McCormick, curator for the Logan County Historical Society, who confirmed the agenda listed below (previously posted by Keith Snyder last year in a different thread.) Mr. McCormick's wish is that we gather as many Miller-Meteor vehicles as possible to help celebrate the museum's dedication.

I also spoke to Tom Caserta, former Miller-Meteor employee and co-host of the previous Miller-Meteor reunions in Piqua. Any PCS / Miller-Meteor Chapter members who plan to attend the Bellefontaine event are invited to meet in Piqua on Friday, April 25. Tom is contacting Miller-Meteor retirees, inviting them to join us for a group dinner that evening. He is also contacting the Piqua Comfort Inn to see about a special group rate for the nights of Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26. We'll plan to participate in Saturday's festivities in Bellefontaine. I'll post the hotel information as soon as Tom gets back to me.

Also, just for clarification, there is NOT a Miller-Meteor related event planned for May in Piqua. I just confirmed this with Tom Caserta.

Here is the specific information as pertains to the Bellefontaine event:

The Logan County Museum in Bellefontaine, Ohio (the former home of the A.J. Miller Company as well as Miller-Meteor for a few years) is opening a large new Transportation wing. They are planning a gala grand opening for this addition that includes a parade through town. They would like as many A. J. Miller and Miller-Meteor cars as they can get to participate in this parade. Here are the details:

Logan County Transportation Museum Grand Opening

April 26th & 27th, 2014

Logan County History Center

521 E. Columbus Ave., Bellefontaine, OH

Donor Reception/Media Preview – Thursday, April 24th (time to be

determined)

* By invitation only

* Donors – every person/business that donated $100.00 towards Transportation Museum will be invited.

* Media – Local radio & newspaper, surrounding area newspapers, Columbus/Dayton/Lima television & newspapers

Grand Opening/Parade – Saturday, April 26th

* Parade (set up Logan County Fairgrounds at 9:00 a.m. Parade will start at 11:00 a.m.

o Participants

* Would like to get as many Miller and Miller- Meteor cars as possible to participate – ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE US WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

* Model T group(s) and possibly Model A group(s)

* Businesses that donated towards museum will be asked to build or sponsor Logan County transportation themed floats

* Six area high schools will be asked to build Logan County Transportation themed floats. Each school will have its own transportation theme i.e. railroad, aviation, A.J. Miller, early transportation, modern, boats (Indian Lake)

* Perhaps open floats up to other businesses/organizations

* Early transportation groups – horse & carriage?

* High-Wheel bicycle rider(s)/Maybe Unicycles

* Area high school marching bands

* Logan County Honor Guard

* Grand Marshal

* Old fire trucks/equipment from local villages

* Flyover of a bi-plane

o Parade Route

* Starts at Logan County Fairgrounds

* Go north on Main Street through downtown, past Court Ave. (Oldest Concrete St. in U.S.)

* Turn right on to E. Columbus Ave.

* End at Logan County History Center

o Post-Parade

* Participants with A.J. Miller or Miller-Meteor cars who are willing to stay and showcase their cars will be able to park in the LCHC’s parking lot.

* Model Ts & Model As will park on south side of Columbus Ave. (Columbus Ave. will be closed from Powers St. to Hayes St.)

* Citizens Police Academy will help with the parking and security of the vehicles

o Open House 1:00-4:00

* Public will be able to tour the new Transportation Museum (and the current museum and Orr Mansion), look at the Miller cars in parking lot and Model Ts & As on the street.

* The owners of the Miller and Miller-Meteor cars and Model Ts/As do not necessarily have to stay the whole time

o Parking

* Shuttle parking will be used for visitors

* We will ask to use parking lots of nearby businesses on E. Columbus Ave. for parking and have small buses made available to shuttle people from parking areas to LCHC

* People will be dropped off at the bus turnaround in front of the Orr Mansion. They can then walk around to see the Model Ts/As and Miller cars and then go to museum or vice versa

* Volunteers will have golf carts to take people to the museum who cannot walk the distance from the drop-off to the museum entrance

Logan County Transportation Museum Dedication – Sunday, April 27th,

2014 from 1:00-4:00

* Open to the public

* Special guests

o Ohio Department of Transportation (awarded grant for the Transportation Museum)

o Robertson Construction – general contractors

o Major donors – i.e. Honda, TRC

o Political Officials

* Ohio Senators

* Governor Kasich

* State Senator & State Rep for area

* County officials

* City officials (acted as government sponsor grant from ODOT – did not use and city money)

* Program/Speakers

o LCHC

o ODOT

o Robertson

o Major donors

o Politicians

o Ribbon Cutting or some other type of ceremony

o Time Capsule Dedication

* Tours of Transportation Museum and current museum and Orr Mansion

My plan is to be there with a MM hearse !

Likely a penny farthing and some unicycles for display and/or demonstrations.

Looking forward to the first ProCar event of 2014 !

Hope to see many of my PCS friends out as well !

Darren

P.S. Everyone should see the retro Sohio gas station in Piqua !
It rocks ! The owner is a cool guy too. FILLED with vintage gas station collectibles.

Thanks for the info. Any M-M owners going to this? I'm taking a professional development course that weekend, so I'll have to skip, but hopefully some others can attend.

It was determined yesterday that I will not be able to attend this gathering. I'll have to save my long distance travels for Return To Rochester.

M-M coaches in Bellefontaine, Ohio

My calendar is marked to attend the Transportation Museum Grand Opening. Bellefontaine is about 40 minutes north.
The museum director hopes to have many Miller, Meteor, and Miller-Meteor coaches at this event. They are working on a 1947 Miller Cadillac coach now.
Hope to see you there.
Mike

Not going to be able to make this one ether. May possibly have another commitment in (currently in planning stages) with the 73 M-M that weekend.

The Miller-Meteor Chapter was founded specifically to support these types of activities. The Logan County Historical Society is attempting to permanently preserve history and we have the opportunity to be a part of that.

This morning, I spoke to Todd McCormick, curator for the Logan County Historical Society, who confirmed the agenda listed below (previously posted by Keith Snyder last year in a different thread.) Mr. McCormick's wish is that we gather as many Miller-Meteor vehicles as possible to help celebrate the museum's dedication.

I also spoke to Tom Caserta, former Miller-Meteor employee and co-host of the previous Miller-Meteor reunions in Piqua. Any PCS / Miller-Meteor Chapter members who plan to attend the Bellefontaine event are invited to meet in Piqua on Friday, April 25. Tom is contacting Miller-Meteor retirees, inviting them to join us for a group dinner that evening. He is also contacting the Piqua Comfort Inn to see about a special group rate for the nights of Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26. We'll plan to participate in Saturday's festivities in Bellefontaine. I'll post the hotel information as soon as Tom gets back to me.

Also, just for clarification, there is NOT a Miller-Meteor related event planned for May in Piqua. I just confirmed this with Tom Caserta.

Here is the specific information as pertains to the Bellefontaine event:

The Logan County Museum in Bellefontaine, Ohio (the former home of the A.J. Miller Company as well as Miller-Meteor for a few years) is opening a large new Transportation wing. They are planning a gala grand opening for this addition that includes a parade through town. They would like as many A. J. Miller and Miller-Meteor cars as they can get to participate in this parade. Here are the details:

Logan County Transportation Museum Grand Opening

April 26th & 27th, 2014

Logan County History Center

521 E. Columbus Ave., Bellefontaine, OH

Donor Reception/Media Preview – Thursday, April 24th (time to be

determined)

* By invitation only

* Donors – every person/business that donated $100.00 towards Transportation Museum will be invited.

* Media – Local radio & newspaper, surrounding area newspapers, Columbus/Dayton/Lima television & newspapers

Grand Opening/Parade – Saturday, April 26th

* Parade (set up Logan County Fairgrounds at 9:00 a.m. Parade will start at 11:00 a.m.

o Participants

* Would like to get as many Miller and Miller- Meteor cars as possible to participate – ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE US WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

* Model T group(s) and possibly Model A group(s)

* Businesses that donated towards museum will be asked to build or sponsor Logan County transportation themed floats

* Six area high schools will be asked to build Logan County Transportation themed floats. Each school will have its own transportation theme i.e. railroad, aviation, A.J. Miller, early transportation, modern, boats (Indian Lake)

* Perhaps open floats up to other businesses/organizations

* Early transportation groups – horse & carriage?

* High-Wheel bicycle rider(s)/Maybe Unicycles

* Area high school marching bands

* Logan County Honor Guard

* Grand Marshal

* Old fire trucks/equipment from local villages

* Flyover of a bi-plane

o Parade Route

* Starts at Logan County Fairgrounds

* Go north on Main Street through downtown, past Court Ave. (Oldest Concrete St. in U.S.)

* Turn right on to E. Columbus Ave.

* End at Logan County History Center

o Post-Parade

* Participants with A.J. Miller or Miller-Meteor cars who are willing to stay and showcase their cars will be able to park in the LCHC’s parking lot.

* Model Ts & Model As will park on south side of Columbus Ave. (Columbus Ave. will be closed from Powers St. to Hayes St.)

* Citizens Police Academy will help with the parking and security of the vehicles

o Open House 1:00-4:00

* Public will be able to tour the new Transportation Museum (and the current museum and Orr Mansion), look at the Miller cars in parking lot and Model Ts & As on the street.

* The owners of the Miller and Miller-Meteor cars and Model Ts/As do not necessarily have to stay the whole time

o Parking

* Shuttle parking will be used for visitors

* We will ask to use parking lots of nearby businesses on E. Columbus Ave. for parking and have small buses made available to shuttle people from parking areas to LCHC

* People will be dropped off at the bus turnaround in front of the Orr Mansion. They can then walk around to see the Model Ts/As and Miller cars and then go to museum or vice versa

* Volunteers will have golf carts to take people to the museum who cannot walk the distance from the drop-off to the museum entrance

Logan County Transportation Museum Dedication – Sunday, April 27th,

2014 from 1:00-4:00

* Open to the public

* Special guests

o Ohio Department of Transportation (awarded grant for the Transportation Museum)

o Robertson Construction – general contractors

o Major donors – i.e. Honda, TRC

o Political Officials

* Ohio Senators

* Governor Kasich

* State Senator & State Rep for area

* County officials

* City officials (acted as government sponsor grant from ODOT – did not use and city money)

* Program/Speakers

o LCHC

o ODOT

o Robertson

o Major donors

o Politicians

o Ribbon Cutting or some other type of ceremony

o Time Capsule Dedication

* Tours of Transportation Museum and current museum and Orr Mansion

Is any one going to attend this Meet? What will you be taking?

Maybe this should be moved to the Shows & Events Announcements Forum?

Rich, everyone...

It looks like I may not be able to make it now.

I will repost if I can make it but it looks like I can not unfortunately at this point.

Really a shame because I wanted to return to that area ever since the last MM reunion.

Darren

Back