A couple of fun junkyard finds today

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
A pair of fairly new additions at Watts Auto Salvage today.

The early '50s Pontiac(?) sedan delivery conversion did serve as an ambulance. The rear window openings were stamped into the panel, not cut in. There were lights of some sort on the roof. Front clip looks as though it may have been swapped out. Any ideas as to who might have done the conversion??

The '46-'48 Ford sedan delivery(rare) would make an awesome service car!

Attachments

• Pontiac Ambulance Conversion.jpg
    Pontiac Ambulance Conversion.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 633
  • Ford Sedan Delivery.jpg
    Ford Sedan Delivery.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 740
your junk yard finds

Kurt,
What can you tell me about the 51 Henry J behind the Pontiac? A friend here is crazy about Henry Js.
I like that Ford too. The window treatment on the Pontiac seems a bit odd with the vent at the end of the panel. Poor man's air conditioning maybe?
Always enjoy your pictures.
Mike

Very good eye Mike! Looks to be a very solid and complete Henry J. I will be back there before the end of the year and can get more info if you'd like. You can also have him contact Louie directly at 402.645.8066. He is located near Wymore, NE.

the window treatment was on those that did not have the center doors. Armbruster did them that way. but my guess is what your looking at is a Economy. some were in the later 40's. if you get back here could you get a pictures of the inside. if it's a ambulance the attendants seat would have been behind the drivers and the gurney on the right. they had to do that to accommodate the length of the gurney in the short wheel base. those rear marker lights would really look good on my 53

Last edited:
Ed,
I will take a few more photos prior to the end of the year. The car is for sale as a complete car, but he may be willing to part with the rear marker lights. Louie is very reasonable.

Rear Marker Lights

Ed,
I purchased the rear marker lamps off of the '50ish Economy Pontiac ambulance today. I agree with you............ they need to be on your '53. P.M. me.

Here is an '53 Economy Ford with the rear wind wing treatment although the one from the Economy brochure appears a lot more tailored that the one in the junkyard.

Attachments

• 1953 - 7.jpg
    1953 - 7.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 213
Back