Hello Everyone

Does anyone out there have any of the special parts im gonna need? The roller rack, the chair thats missing, ambulance peices or the sign's?

Mornin' Johnny,

Since it has been stated that your vehicle is a combo I doubt that there was any overt signage for the ambulance part. Mine is a straight ambulance and has the National medical symbols etched into the left & right rear windows. I also have two holes in the passenger side dash where an aluminum sign would have gone with "Ambulance" on it. Do you have holes, or can you see where their would have have been, in the roof up by the windshields? As a combo I don't think it would have had a fixed siren or light, but maybe.
I also do not see where it had cot bar mounting hardware in the inside rear compartment side. Others here would have a better idea of how a gurney would have been kept stationary in this vehicle

You may be off the hook for a lot of the "ambulance" specific items.

The roller rack I would have no idea where to find one.

As for the attendance seat, if you can't find one to rehab it can be fabricated with some decent pictures and the measurements. It is mostly a metal frame, hinges, plywood, and covering materials (at least in the Nationals it is). A bit of welding, some woodworking and upholstery would be what is needed.

Welcome Johnny. What a project!

I think signage pretty much be what Joe said. There were some removable, metal, "ambulance" grilles that went in the rear windows of some cars. I don't know if your coach manufacturer used them.

I've seen some combos of the era that had a single red light mounted on the front bumper or in a spot light position on the cowling by the A pillar. I'll bet there is plenty of room under your hood for one of the smaller Federal or B&M sirens.

Best of luck and thanks for the album pictures!

Jon

Yea, there is some holes in the rear drivers and passenger doors for some sort of sign. And there is a place on the left side of the back where it looks like two mounts went to hold the gurney. The seat, you can tell where it went, but nothing to go by? The lights? They are two small holes for the red lights (or flashers?) would go. But im thinking about moving them to the front bumper filler and place them like foglights would go? What do you all think? I need two new red lights that are six volt. Do you know where I can find them? I just got done removing the old gas tank and it whooped me!! LOL I finally got it out and I will have to do some modifying for the new tank to fit. I will tackle that tomorrow. I will get more pic's and post them tomorrow. Goodnight guys

I could not see the cot bar hardware outlines in the pics, so if you have the outline where they would go then you are looking for a cot bar & mounts. Best resource for that set up is to ask around here.

Were are the two holes, currently, for the red lights? up on the roof?

The correct "fog" lights for a '51 / '52 chevy are Guide 2025s. (see pic).The lights can be found on ebay or at an auto swap. It is the mounting hardware that is sometimes elusive but they are out there. I believe that they would be the same for '49 / '50 but am not positive. Honestly any good period correct, aftermarket llke BLC red lights, of approx. 4.5 to 5 in. dia. would work.

The holes in the doors sound like they are for what Jon discussed. Those signs can be made. They, most of the time, had the name of the funeral home that operated the ambulance service.

On the seat: Are you handy with tools and maybe light welding equipment. If so, I can send you detailed pics of the seat in my '51, which has not been redone yet. It shows the frame, hinges, support, etc. I can also do my best with measurements. Let me know

Attachments

• fog lights (2).jpg
    fog lights (2).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 112
Yea, there is some holes in the rear drivers and passenger doors for some sort of sign. And there is a place on the left side of the back where it looks like two mounts went to hold the gurney. The seat, you can tell where it went, but nothing to go by? The lights? They are two small holes for the red lights (or flashers?) would go. But im thinking about moving them to the front bumper filler and place them like foglights would go? What do you all think? I need two new red lights that are six volt. Do you know where I can find them? I just got done removing the old gas tank and it whooped me!! LOL I finally got it out and I will have to do some modifying for the new tank to fit. I will tackle that tomorrow. I will get more pic's and post them tomorrow. Goodnight guys

I have one 6 volt, a Federal Model 66G for sale if you're interested.

Yea Joe, take me some pics and some measurments!!! And Loren, what are you asking for the 6 volt bulb. I need to get some measurments on mine so that I know what the right size is.

I'll work on getting that for you this weekend. BTW: I, too, am into '49 - '52 Chevys. My other car being restored is a 1952 Sedan Deluxe (stock)

Back