Old Friends Reunited

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
After a couple decades of being seperated, today two old friends were reunited after a few telephone calls and a long cross country trip... More on this tomorrow... :yankchain:

Attachments

• MVC-766L.jpg
    MVC-766L.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 269
The rest of the story...

I contacted the original ambulance squad that purchased my 1969 Miller Meteor new, and asked if they had any pictures of the car. The only pictures that they could find of the car were on the day that it was being taken out of service. I noticed in one picture the siren was mounted on the roof, and in the next picture, the siren was missing. On the outside chance that it might still be in there building, I contacted them again and asked about the siren, telling them what I had noticed in the pictures. I was told that they would look for the siren, if they knew what they were looking for. I sent them a picture of what a Q looks like, and got a call back the next day. They had located the siren and were going to send it to me if I would pay the shipping. I paid the shipping and also made a generous donation to the squad. It arrived yesterday..

Attachments

• MVC-768L.JPG
    MVC-768L.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 220
  • MVC-767L.jpg
    MVC-767L.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 214
you did not ask them if they had any other stuff tucked away that wanted to get rid of.

Seems that they have lots of other things stored away, but at present, they are not wanting to go into the attic to retrieve them. Possibly when the weather gets cooler, I will ask again..

What are the chances they still had it !!

in this case 100%. but Paul did you get it all or are you still missing the angle mount. it just goes to show you need to ask. in the heat of sell or trading things get taken off the car and never used. most of the time there still hanging around in the back room. to old to use to good to throw away.

It has the Q angle mount, and one bolt and rubber washer are still attached to the mount. Even the original rubber grommets are still attached to the wires. The biggest hassle I believe is going to finding strong helpers to getting it mounted on the roof again.

Attachments

• MVC-773L.JPG
    MVC-773L.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 136
Great story

Thanks for sharing this Paul. Makes the find that much more special knowing it's "the" siren for the ambulance.

that's a flat roof on that one and it doesn't need the 30% wedge? the wedge would go under that mount to sit it on the front of the roof. not the 10,000 dollar question did you fill the holes in for the siren?

that's a flat roof on that one and it doesn't need the 30% wedge? the wedge would go under that mount to sit it on the front of the roof. not the 10,000 dollar question did you fill the holes in for the siren?

No holes were filled in, since I knew that a siren was going back on the roof, and it was going to be a Super Chief. Now that I have the original siren, I will need to find another vehicle to put the Super Chief on...

Back