is it a caddy or not

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I was out in the junk yard looking for one screw out of the dash and a door molding. no luck on the molding there are a different shape on the superior. but I found a fair set of door edge guards. so I scored them. guess what there is a dig difference in a 66 sedan DE Ville and a Superior combo the back side of the door is way different. I would not have thought it would be that far off. but it is. here are the pictures. the other one I just had to toss in because thanks to Dan Scully we now can paint those wrinkle tops. there is nothing like black and chrome to look good. but i'm glad it's going to be Jim cleaning it not me

Attachments

• superier or caddy.jpg
    superier or caddy.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3457 get the rest of the trim one this car will look good.jpg
    IMG_3457 get the rest of the trim one this car will look good.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 214
While working on my 1978 Superior Ambulance, I found that one outside door handle was damaged beyond repair. I have a 1978 Cadillac De Ville parts car, so I took the door handle off of that. When I compared the two, I found that the commercial chassis door handle was different. A quick cursory glance, and they both look alike, until you put them side by side. I also have the same problem finding door handle gaskets. The standard door handle gaskets don't fit the larger commercial door handles. Once you get past the cowl, it seems that it is anyones guess as to what they used to build these cars...

Back