Hagerty Roadside Assistance

While we're on this topic, has anyone in this circle ever used the AAA Plus or Platinum Programs to arrange a flatbed for their pro-cars? My classics and daily drivers are all standard-wheelbase vehicles, so I'm specifically wondering if they won't serve something bigger as I'm a AAA NY Platinum member already. One inducement of the Platinum-versus-Plus is that the radius of rescue for a free tow doubles to 200 miles.

No experience with AAA, but I make sure I tell Hagerty it is for a hearse, so they already know to get a flatbed long enough.
Not to hijack this thread (you can PM me if you wish), but you mentioned your other classics. What else do you have? I just assumed the "unofficial" PCS publicity Lincoln Towncar was your only car.

I have had AAA Premier Roadside service for over 12 years. Never a problem 24/7 moving procars. Never a damage/question/issue moving procars. I would NEVER be without it!

Attachments

• AAA.jpg
    AAA.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I've used AAA+ a couple times, never had a problem. Now, I did learn a while ago not to say that my car is an "ambulance", because the phone operator will say they don't tow commercial vehicles and hang up. So now it's a red & white station wagon.

I have Hagerty insurance but never used the tow service.

I've used AAA+ a couple times, never had a problem. Now, I did learn a while ago not to say that my car is an "ambulance", because the phone operator will say they don't tow commercial vehicles and hang up. So now it's a red & white station wagon.

I have Hagerty insurance but never used the tow service.

I was told that also both by a person in the call center and by the guy doing the towing....."make sure to tell them its a BIG station wagon"....
which makes sense since(at least here in Calif) on my DMV registaration they classify it as a "Station wagon"...:thumbsup:

The reason that I use Hagerty is because I used to have AAA. I called them once to flatbed my "big station wagon" and the company that came to pick it up refused saying that they don't do commercial vehicles. I showed them the registration because it's registered as a station wagon. They said that they didn't care and they left. I called AAA and explained what happened and they said that they wouldn't send out anyone else even though it's registered as a station wagon. I signed up for the Hagerty roadside assistance after that.

that's why I said get a credit card that doesn't charge you to keep it when you have a brake down call 911 tell them it's a none emergency. they will depend on were your at transfer you or take your information. request a rollback let then know it has to be big enough to haul a 155 in wheel base vehicle. they came out you pay the man and make arrangements with him to take it were it needs to go. you never need the service you have no expenses. put the $125 a year back into your pro car. but that's me talking.

that's why I said get a credit card that doesn't charge you to keep it when you have a brake down call 911 tell them it's a none emergency. they will depend on were your at transfer you or take your information. request a rollback let then know it has to be big enough to haul a 155 in wheel base vehicle. they came out you pay the man and make arrangements with him to take it were it needs to go. you never need the service you have no expenses. put the $125 a year back into your pro car. but that's me talking.

But if you put many miles on your cars like I do, use it once and it pays for its self. A 155 wheelbase would be to small for me. My 49 has a 163 inch wheelbase :)

Back