Im new

Casey and Michael Welcome

Welcome the two of you. Casey, a side note here, I spent 27 years as a volunteer Firefighter, I retired as a Captain six years ago. I have been a Police Academy Instructor for the last 16 years.

Hey Ron, do you have any pointers for me going through police academy? Thats cool you got out a Captain. My dad is the reason for me becoming a volunteer, he was retired out of the fire service after 31 years in California as the senior engineer of his county. I was going to try and get hired on full time but they diddnt have anything available so I decided to volunteer and become a cop at the same time

I live about 30 minutes away from Rock Hill SC. If you ever head up this way let me know. The last funeral home my hearse was in service at was in Ga.
I wish all pro-cars had the funeral home name somewhere.

Hey Josh I deffinetly will. I know after I get the car done I will be out there. I might be out there sooner than later because the Funeral director fount me an old cot for my combo that I still need to pick up. Where at in GA was your hearse used?

I lucked out with finding the funeral home because its still around but now its Bass-Cauthren. They were really polite when I called them. If you want to put your hearse in service for a funeral I can talk to them or you can go see Danny Gibson and Im sure they would be happy to use it once or twice.

My hearse was last in service at the Henry Funeral Home in Lithonia Ga. I spoke with the funeral director, Doug Henry. He said he bought Her from a hearse dealer in Ga., that got Her on a trade from a funeral home in Alabama.
The man that bought Her from the funeral home in Ga. worked there. My friend moved across from him on a cul-de-sac. So I have talked to him a couple of times. He only lives about 5 minutes from me.

Isnt it nice to be able to get the info on your car that easily! I lucked out and just had to look at the tag to find where it was originally used. Now Im trying to find out where it was between leaving there and getting to me because so far the people I talk to that used to own it all tell me the same exact story which I find really weird!

Hey Ron, do you have any pointers for me going through police academy? Thats cool you got out a Captain. My dad is the reason for me becoming a volunteer, he was retired out of the fire service after 31 years in California as the senior engineer of his county. I was going to try and get hired on full time but they diddnt have anything available so I decided to volunteer and become a cop at the same time

In Ohio, the biggest thing that flunks young recruits out of the academy is physical fitness, especially run times. If your state has the same stupid fitness standards as our state, I recommend you start running now. In a day where they provide us cars I do not see why I would have to run anywhere to chase anyone. It is so much easier to drive up alongside someone fleeing on foot and open your door OR they do call it a "push bumper" for a reason don't they?

Thats funny. I know some cops back in California that say the same thing about chasing suspects down! Here in GA everyone says the same about the physical requierments but Im ex military so it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Great car you should be proud of her. We will look forward to seeing the progress as it comes along.
I will be taking lots of pics as soon as I start on it so I can keep every one posted.

If anyone in the are wants to come check it out you can always send me a message and I would be happy to let you all come look at it.

Back