'70 IH Travelall Ambulance

This think thins once belonged to Sunburg, MN Fire Department and then to Lake Lillian, MN Fire Department as a support vehicle. It sat in Lake Lillian for many years unused. For a while it just carried the two old SCBA’s that Lake Lillian had. It was retired about 20 years ago. A friend and I joked about buying it back then when it went up for sealed bids. He put $200.00 on the tab of an oil filter box and turned in it. He was awarded the bid! He then parked it a while and sold it to his then brother-in-law. He hauled lawn mowers around in it for several years when he custom cut lawns. It then sat again until his oldest son replaced the siren and red lights that had been taken off and stored away in the fire hall and used it for prom. Again it sat and I am not sure how it ended up with the current owners. I recognize this vehicle as I was on the fire department when we were pulling off the cheap block lettering when it was sold and all the paint on the door came with it. This rig likely is pretty beat up in back. Also the rig had a large dent in the hood where someone backed the tanker truck spout into it in the close quarters of the file hall. When my friend bout it had very few miles on it and I suspect that is still the case. Wish there were more pictures to tell if this was actually the rig I had the opportunity to drive when it was in service on the fire department!

Back