'91 Suburban Amb. In MT

Seems like typical eBay sale terms. $500 immediately, balance in 3 days. 100% positive feedback.

Any idea who built this? This may be the latest American ambulance that fits "professional car" definition that I've ever seen. Sure would have loved to have gotten it! Would have to trade something probably :rolleyes:

or sell your house and live in it. my guess would be the ST Lewis firm American Emergence Equipment or something like that . they were building on suburbans. the top throws me found it here is another one AmTec. the other one I was thinking of is medical equptment co.

Attachments

• 1991 amtec  conversion 1.jpg
    1991 amtec conversion 1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 833
Any idea who built this? This may be the latest American ambulance that fits "professional car" definition that I've ever seen. Sure would have loved to have gotten it! Would have to trade something probably :rolleyes:

Noah, apparently Crestline was dabbling in some Suburbans later than 1991.. though the current 91 appears to be closer to what Ed has found in AmTek or someone else.

Attachments

• Crestline suburban.jpg
    Crestline suburban.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 832
2 Russian gentlemen brought it, when I offered them drinks out of the refrigerator, was telling them what I had, which included Root Beer, to which one said, "No Beer! we can't have beer!"...
More photos later...

Attachments

• 91 arriving.jpg
    91 arriving.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 706
I have not been able to find anything related to the builder on the suburban yet. In October of 1992, it was titled to an organization in Wyoming with 45,664 miles(so does sound like it was a demo?), and left Wyoming use in 2008, and was sold to Glacier EMS in 2009.
It is at the local garage getting some things checked, and I haven't had a lot of time to completely go through it to look for a builder.
Stay tuned...

I have not been able to locate anything in this Suburban that shows a builder. Still working through some steering issues I need some more repair on... In my EMT days 1990-1996, I worked out of two 1977 straight Suburbans that had been converted(homemade) to ambulance use, and one 1974 Yankee Coach Suburban, and I had forgot how cramped they can be. However, for occasional funeral home removal or going to the crematory, it is fine...

Attachments

• 91 11 27 19.jpg
    91 11 27 19.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 474
  • 91 11 26 19.jpg
    91 11 26 19.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 478
That is going to be quite the sight, an ambulance pulling up to the loading dock of the crematory. You must post a picture of that!

Back