Wanted - Motrac Thumb Screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I am missing the thumbscrews for the Motrac radio. I finally found the correct bracket, and now all I need are the proper thumb screws to mount it in my Chrysler. Anyone have a pair they will part with?
thanks Paul

Attachments

• MVC-017L.JPG
    MVC-017L.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 202
Hey you and everybody else Pal. Give it up, they ain't out there. I will give you five bucks for the mounting bracket though.

solder a machine screw on a stamped wing nut. of did those have that tapered steel steel screw. but same thing.

I am missing the thumbscrews for the Motrac radio. I finally found the correct bracket, and now all I need are the proper thumb screws to mount it in my Chrysler. Anyone have a pair they will part with?
thanks Paul

Try calling Motorola, or Galls, they may have something close that may not be exact but would be pretty close, and would keep the radio secure. Maybe check with the local Fraternal Order of Police Lodge and see if any of their members might have some stashed away in a junk pile. Here in AZ years ago my neighbor did all of his own PM's on his patrol car and mounting his own radios and he had quite a stock pile when he was killed in the line of duty. Its worth a call. Good luck

The actual Motorola factory fastening devices were just stainless steel Philips bolts, Paul. I'm sending you some....attached to a control head in much better condition, in appreciation of all the great advice you've given me. If you wish, I can "fake-wire" it so that the green power light comes on with the power switch and the red "Transmit" light illuminates when you push the button on the microphone. Or, I can just send it stock. Please note that, if I rewire it, no suction cups will be used. Let me know. :cheers:

If you wish, I can "fake-wire" it so that the green power light comes on with the power switch and the red "Transmit" light illuminates when you push the button on the microphone.

Doug, How can one "fake wire" a unit to do this? I would like to do this to mine in my 73 M-M combo!:specool:

Doug, a couple of things, first don't encourage Steinberg, it will only make it worse. Two, I echo Jeremy in how does one fake wire those things??????:thankyou2:

The actual Motorola factory fastening devices were just stainless steel Philips bolts, Paul. I'm sending you some....attached to a control head in much better condition, in appreciation of all the great advice you've given me. If you wish, I can "fake-wire" it so that the green power light comes on with the power switch and the red "Transmit" light illuminates when you push the button on the microphone. Or, I can just send it stock. Please note that, if I rewire it, no suction cups will be used. Let me know. :cheers:

Doug....... that is a great idea, but please don't let those other jokers in on how it is done. They never share !!!! :batterUp:

Thanks Paul

Hey Jerry?

When will we see some pics from Pro car night at the drive in???????

Here are the screws that was on my Motorola radio in my combo. This is what was on the radio when I got it.

Attachments

• 73 Combo radio set up. 004.jpg
    73 Combo radio set up. 004.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 73
motorola mounting hardware

I can't tell you how many sets of oem moto&ge mounting hardware i tossed in the trash over the years,as i did all of the installs on my rigs for over 20 yrs.I will look in my old parts inventory and i will bring them to albany along with any other goodies i might find.:drive2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back