mini limo?

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
Today I found this car on a buy here pay here lot. PM me for more on that.
The car is a 2005 Mercury Montego built by Aladdin Coachbuilders. See the pictures. The interior has a divider window. The small backrests (2) for the center seat are mounted on the divider panel. The back seat looks like it could accomodate 3 people. V6 engine with constant variable automatic transmission. 186K on the odometer. The asking price is $10,000.
A cute car but I think over priced. It shows wear and use on the paint and some body panels. Door jambs show flaked paint with rust where the paint used to be. The builder's label says it was built to as a taxi.
Your comments please.
Mike

Attachments

• 2005 Mercury Montego limo 03.jpg
    2005 Mercury Montego limo 03.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 2005 Mercury Montego limo 04.jpg
    2005 Mercury Montego limo 04.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 2005 Mercury Montego limo 06.jpg
    2005 Mercury Montego limo 06.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 2005 Mercury Montego limo 02.jpg
    2005 Mercury Montego limo 02.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 265
yes a interesting price on it. they did a lot of this style not a hack job most of them came out well. this one has l held up for a number of miles.

I like the looks of it! If I had some spare change to bargain with, I might be giving them a call.

With the price, it may seem high, but with the buy here pay here lots, they usually don't do credit checks and they give you the car on a down payment. The higher price helps them cover loss if you don't pay. They might only have a couple of grand in the car and if they make that back in the first 6 months, the rest is gravy. If you quit paying after 6 months, they are still in the clear with their costs.

I like the looks of it! If I had some spare change to bargain with, I might be giving them a call.

With the price, it may seem high, but with the buy here pay here lots, they usually don't do credit checks and they give you the car on a down payment. The higher price helps them cover loss if you don't pay. They might only have a couple of grand in the car and if they make that back in the first 6 months, the rest is gravy. If you quit paying after 6 months, they are still in the clear with their costs.

Yeah, what he said. It is hard to buy a car for cash at these lots cause they don't want to drop the price cause they can make more selling on credit.

but still if a man did not have to go that way and had money there are around in better condition. if your a bun it up person getting this one and ridding it till if fails is a lot different them paying up front for a car and sinking that into it again because you want one. we worked for a number of years with a man that did business in these type of sales. learned a lot of tricks on how to get a repair and not spend money working on his stuff. getting to try things with out worrying about then coming back to haunt you made for a lot of experimentation. but now we can fix about any broken plastic part on this new junk and know when we can't. I kind of miss him in a lot of ways

Back