1973 Miller Meteor Cadillac hearse $3250

Well I finally went and checked this car out today, turns out I know who owns it. It is in very good shape. It was originally sold by Crain M&M Sales, still has both the Crain and M&M original data plates on the top of the drivers side fender under the hood. The only(minimal)rust is under the bottom edges of the front and rear bumpers and the bottoms of the doors(doesn't look to be all the way through, not visible on the outside). The rear casket area and floors are in great shape, all rear interior lights came on except one which was probably just a blown bulb. Divider is in place and is solid, both sliding glass pieces are intact and slide easily. Ferno-Washinton cot fastener still works perfectly(was my first time playing with one!)and the rollers operate easily and free. Curtains have been replaced with homade ones. Nameplate holders on the side doors are intact. Has 2 bier pins, rear one operates as it should. The fabric on the window ledge of the back door has faded and separated in one place from dryrot. Black crinkle top is original, but body has been repainted from the original darker blue to dark grey/silver. Front seat is in real good shape and the armrest has no tears or rips and operates freely. All seatbelts look to be intact. 62,800 some miles. Hood hinges need to be overhauled/replaced, will only hold hood up halfway. Starts on the second crank and runs smooth. The man says that it drives smooth down the road and nothing rattles or sounds loose. Doors are solid and don't sag and close securely. There is some missing trim on the bottom edge of the body but the man says that he has it. Says that he bought it in SC and drove it back to FL. I'm not sure what a coach of this vintage and this shape should go for, but he says his price is about what he has in it. It is being stored in a fully inclosed garage with another old car, didn't get to look at it but it's not a procar. I think this would be a good project car for someone that is planning on coming down to the international meet and wants a hearse to drive home as a souvenier. If anyone is seriously interested, they can get with me and I'll go with you and show you where it is located.

Back