Weather/Window Stripping

Hello, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone could help me locate a Company/Business that makes Weather and Window Stripping for Pro-Cars?

I just Recently Added a '68 Caddy Fleetwood Series 75 Factory Limo, to the Collection, to use as a Mobile Advertising Piece for a Local Business. I was told the Car Originated from Arizona, which explains the Condition of the Weather Stripping and Door Window Seals.

I'm in the Process of Tear down, (To Save on Labor Costs at the Paint Shop) before I drop it off to have it re-painted, I would like to Replace as much of the Weather Stripping and Door Window Seals as I can, after the car has been Re-Painted, but I don't want to start removing such unless I know it can be replaced.

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated!
Thanks,
-Ryan

Hello, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone could help me locate a Company/Business that makes Weather and Window Stripping for Pro-Cars?

I just Recently Added a '68 Caddy Fleetwood Series 75 Factory Limo, to the Collection, to use as a Mobile Advertising Piece for a Local Business. I was told the Car Originated from Arizona, which explains the Condition of the Weather Stripping and Door Window Seals.

I'm in the Process of Tear down, (To Save on Labor Costs at the Paint Shop) before I drop it off to have it re-painted, I would like to Replace as much of the Weather Stripping and Door Window Seals as I can, after the car has been Re-Painted, but I don't want to start removing such unless I know it can be replaced.

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated!
Thanks,
-Ryan

Was this the limo in Lisbon?

Ryan...

Steele Rubber products has what you need. I just bought new weather stripping for my '68 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 a month ago. They JUST started making the seals for the rear doors. I don't have mine on yet, but will soon. I believe that if you order the front and the rear set, you get a discount on the trunk seal.

Front door seals $122.80. Rear door seals $120.70

https://secure.steelerubber.com

You don't happen to have any pics of that limo, do you.......:weneedpics_smi:, okay, I will admit that I would like some pics...

Weather Stripping

Thanks for the Tips and Links, I'll look into them and see what I can come up with.
I just wanted to make sure that they were indeed available before I started Removing anything.

And Sadly No John this is not the Caddy from Lisbon, I'm guessing that car still resides in the same Body Shop with the Same Salty Price Tag (lol)

As for Pics.....Not sure I really wanna post pics of this car, in fear of the Heckling and Greif I'd get from fellow PCS'ers due to the Color of the Car (NOT FACTORY By Any Means) Not something Alotta guys would be caught cruising around town in....But the Color Fits the Business Pretty well and that was my Sole Intention.

Shes a Real Head Turner! (lol):17875:

Door window seals can be had in 8' lengths from Restoration Specialties in PA. They have to match them to your sample, and they have a lot, but not everything.

Window Seals

Thanks for the tip and Pointer Paul, Now that you mention that it brings up another question I have related to the Window Seals.....

Most of the Doors on this limo, Have Serverly cracked outter and inner window Seals (The Seal that rubs up against the Window as it goes up and down) Thus is has allowed Moisture to Leak through the Cracks and Form/Build-up along the bottom of the Door frame, which just happens to be where the Window Motor is Located I've noticed....

And since it seems all of the Window Motors are Junk (I'm sure being exposed to moisture for years) Since the Windows won't lower, or make anysort of noise that would lead one to believe there may still be life in these little motors yet.

Are these pretty universal Parts that could be located/ordered at most any parts store??? or is this another Pro-Car Only Related Part that will require more extensive hunting????

front doors would be standard caddy the rear is the 75 series. I see that usa parts is now listing stuff for the 75s along with rubber the right way. if your getting water build up in the doors clean out the drain holes.

Thanks for the tip and Pointer Paul, Now that you mention that it brings up another question I have related to the Window Seals.....

Most of the Doors on this limo, Have Serverly cracked outter and inner window Seals (The Seal that rubs up against the Window as it goes up and down) Thus is has allowed Moisture to Leak through the Cracks and Form/Build-up along the bottom of the Door frame, which just happens to be where the Window Motor is Located I've noticed....

These seals are bonded to the trim, but they can be replaced by using a strong adhesive bonding agent. The rubber itself can be purchased from Restoration Specialties. I have a length that I am using to rebuild the outer window seals on my 1978 Superior Cadillac. Without seeing a picture of the inner window seal, I don't know what was used in your car. Sometimes it was what is known as "fuzzies", which are also available. Usually they were attached to the inner door panel itself.
And since it seems all of the Window Motors are Junk (I'm sure being exposed to moisture for years) Since the Windows won't lower, or make anysort of noise that would lead one to believe there may still be life in these little motors yet.

Many times you can salvage the motors by just cleaning the wire contacts and reestablishing a good ground. If you need to remove the motor itself, you need to remove the entire window regulator mechanism, and drill a hole through the gear and secure it with a nut and bolt prior to removal of the motor. If you don't, when you unbolt the motor, the gear will cut your fingers or hand off. It is spring loaded and under extreme tension. I suggest that you review the proper proceedure in the Cadillac Service Manual first.
Are these pretty universal Parts that could be located/ordered at most any parts store??? or is this another Pro-Car Only Related Part that will require more extensive hunting????
The window motors are fairly universal across the entire GM line of cars, and only differ in right and left side of the car. They can be purchased in most any auto parts store, but they are expensive.

Thanks to both of you for your tips and insight on this matter, I am still new to all of this yet, and don't want to damage anything as a result of my inexperience, so I figured I'd come here and see what would be suggested.

I'm sure as this Progresses along, more 'Yellow Flags' will pop up.

Although I will admitt that this has been an Interesting Project to say the least....
Found some Old Drive In Movie Ticket Stubs from Arizona under the Front Seat, Found a Set of Volkswagon Keys under the Back seat along with a Pair of Glasses that look like something John Lennon Wore back in the day!

Back