shake down cruse

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
as if today we have put 285 miles on this 67 combo since we have owned it. with the new muffler, resonator and pipe from the headers to the bumper it's so quite you can't tell it's running. we got a brake in the raindrops and the race is over lets take a quick run out to the park and see how it goes.

man I hope that there is a loose wire on the sending unit that's a lot of movement for a new one. the new brakes need readjusted a bit and we defiantly need the front end alignment. fells like a bump bump coming from one of the rear tires at lower speed. but other then the minor stuff I sure like this chassis on this set of years. she runs good the wind noise in the driver door stops if you shut it to. all in all a good shake down run and a nice time to do it we had some admirers look us over to. dang near hit a antelope as he chased a doe across in from of us but we missed him by a good 10 ft . did get to use the wipers coming back. something about those 67 wipers brings a smile to my face. I still remember the 68 adds show how now all 3 passengers can see. me I like those grass hopper ones and there wipe on wipe off. here you can ride with us. but I warn you they padded the seat firm and you sit tall in the saddle in this one but comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpg
    IMG_4515.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4516.jpg
    IMG_4516.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4519.jpg
    IMG_4519.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 268
If they are new shoes, then adjust them up tight, till you can't turn the wheel. Then back off about 6 or 7 turns of the star wheel, and you should have a slight drag on the brake shoes. Also, don't forget that you adjust the emergency brake after you adjust the shoes. If the emergency brake is too tight, then you will get a false star wheel setting. If you adjust them a little snug, they will wear in quickly to the drums, and after that, the next adjustment wouldn't be needed until next summer, or loner, depending on how often it is driven and how hard they brake the car. Takes a while till the total surface of the shoe matches the drum. In the old days, we had a machine to contour sand the shoes for full contact on day 1.

did I mention I hate working on a Cadillac. who would have though of taking off the wheel to adjust the brakes. on the good side the front wheel covers stayed on over 4 runs across the cattle guards yesterday I don't know how. if any one knows were a 65 to 67 wheel is let me know this 60 and 61s just don't cut it

Attachments

• IMG_4525.jpg
    IMG_4525.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4526.jpg
    IMG_4526.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 198
Ed,
Here ya go! Set of 4!

Amarillo's just a straight shot south of you!

Attachments

• '67 Superior Amb 2.jpg
    '67 Superior Amb 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 207
Mr. Renstorm, that first picture you posted would be a real nice one for the pcs calendar. Whoever is in charge of that should consider using it:):thumbsup:

made a big score today. found a set of new 18 inch wiper refills. I cater from my search that the classic 18 inc from trek #33183 have been discontinued so if you need some better get them now

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpg
    IMG_4540.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4541.jpg
    IMG_4541.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 136
Wiper Blades

I just buy the current ones , you can take the rubber out and put them In your original ones most of the time . Most of them are just a slot for the rubber. Just buy the refill not the whole blade.

This one had been into a dog fight some time in it's early life and had one repaint most likely at the time if that repair. The top was painted gold over the krinkle then.

The only problem with the new replacement wipers is they have no keepers or locks on to keep the blade in the slot and no way to swap that piece I have discovered. The silver replacement has been dropped from there lines. We found these threw carquest in the wearhouse in Denver. Good thing I got two as we need them on the 75 also. At 7 bucks a pair I could not turn them down.

we got to play with the 67 today in the home coming parade. this year is the 50th class reunion for the class s 67 so since i went to school with those guys for 12 years the wanted me to run it threw. we got there a little late to take any pictures but you have seen it. I drove and played with the siren and they tossed candy.

now each time you get it out and run it stuff loosens up and you find things you need to correct. like the left brake light is now not working and why can I see the ceiling when I'm laying underneath it. loose plug and a screw left out of the pin adjusting rack. that's done. but the bang you knuckles when you roll down the back glass was a mystery. I will let you know this might be worth a drink or two at any meet. I mean who would have though that they had two different window cranks for a 67 crown. the look the same but the angle of the shaft is different had I not had both the doors open just enough to get in with out banging the car next to it. I would not have noticed it. I must have mixed them up when I polished them. but I will say I did both sides the same.

Attachments

• IMG_4578.jpg
    IMG_4578.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4579.jpg
    IMG_4579.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4580.jpg
    IMG_4580.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 65
Ed,
I think the window crank(the one where you were hitting your knuckles) on that rear door has been bent back from something hitting it. I have never seen one with that "arc" to it.

Never have either but I have two of them. But they were bent by Superior. Just to clear the thick crown molding. But something the rest can check out on there car's.

Back