Announcing the PCS Southeastern Regional Meet Asheville NC April 30th - May 1st 2014

Cary Livingston

Southeastern Chapter President
The PCS Southeastern Chapter is pleased to announce plans for a Southeastern Regional Meet, to be held in Asheville, NC April 30th through May 3rd 2014. This weekend coincides with the 2nd Annual National Hearse and Ambulance Association (NHAA) Southeastern Regional Meet to be held in Swannanoa, NC, just 5 miles away. Members of both clubs had so much fun last May and once again at the Procar Graveyard Open House in September we decided to grow on it.

The host hotels will be not one but two adjacent hotels to accommodate your personal preferences for lodging. The Host Hotels will be the Doubletree ($149) with rooms also available at the Sleep Inn next door ($99 per night). Both properties are owned by the same group with shared amenities such as workout room and indoor pool. A TGI Friday's is at the Doubletree with numerous other restaurants either across the street or 2 blocks away.

We have put together a fairly laid-back 3-4 day venue for those wishing to attend. Asheville in May is springtime at it's best. Being a days drive or less for many members, and I-40 just 2 blocks from the hotel, makes this location very accessible. Two-day passes for the Biltmore Estate and Gardens have been arranged at a one-day pass price. The 250 room house was built in 1889-1895 and is America's largest home, sitting on 8000 acres. The house, gardens, winery and shopping on the estate can take up 2 days to see it all. The gardens should be blooming which draws people in from all over the world. We have also factored in the Asheville Gray Line trolley with two-day passes to take over all your local driving needs. No need to drive anywhere once you arrive, just utilize the trolley which takes you all over Asheville with stops right at the hotel entrance every 30 minutes. Stops include the River Arts District, historic downtown Asheville and the Grove Park Inn and Village which includes the Estes-Winn Auto Museum and more shops etc. The hotels are within a 2 block walk to Historic Biltmore Village which features various shops and dining. We are also planning on an evening Haunted Trolley Tour of Asheville with them picking us up right at the hotel! The entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway is less than 5 miles from the hotel.

With the NHAA event a few short miles away both meet planning committees are encouraging members to visit back and forth from the host hotels. The NHAA is orchestrating a driving "Scavenger Hunt" which is being planned around town where smart phones are used as you find items. We have all been invited to the Saturday main event/car show hosted by the NHAA tentatively to be held at the "Pisgah Brewing Co.' in Swannanoa. You have the option of continuing to explore Asheville Saturday as well. A Saturday evening casual buffet is being planned. There will be plenty of "parking lot" time during this long weekend to do what we all enjoy the most.

We would love to have you head south, north, east or west to relax and explore Asheville with us! More details are being solidified regarding this meet and a Registration Form which will be available soon. Plans are also being laid out for yet another Southeastern Regional Meet in October 2014 as well! Email us at southeastpcs@outlook.com.com for more information or visit http://www.southeastpcs.com/#/EVENTS/

AshevilleLogo_zpsb9756af4.jpg

SEChapterLogo_zpsae5a139b.jpg

Cary wrote:

there are going to be quite a few "new" cars making their debuts at this meet.

Cary... I hope "new" means OLD procars not often seen before !!!

Darren

Darren,
Nothing like "new" old cars. We are hoping to have a number of "grand unveilings" during the long weekend in Asheville. A turnout ( between both groups) of 60-75 cars is being anticipated. We already have people booking rooms and I neglected to include phone numbers for the host hotels. Both are located a block north of Exit 50 on I-40.

Hotel Phone Numbers are as follows mentioning the PCS or Professional Car Society for room rates:

Doubletree - 828-274-1800
Sleep Inn - 828-277-1800

Biltmore Blooms! will be in full swing during our event. As the event gets closer rooms will be a bit harder to find as we are literally at the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. Thanks to everyone that has inquired thus far! Ryan and I should have registration and information forms available on both the NHAA and PCS Events in the next week or two! I drove through the Doubletree while in Asheville yesterday and pictured the area of the parking lot we have arranged for filled with procars. :D

http://www.biltmore.com/events/biltmore-blooms-1

I'll try to make it

My Lifeliner is no where near being done sad to say. It had been not far from Asheville for many years. I moved it to FL in 2012. Asheville is great any time.
We'll put it on the calendar!!!!

It will be great to see you Kevin! Some cool cars are gonna be there with some that have never been "seen" before!:thumbsup:

Will catch the October event

Carey- just realized one of our grandsons is making his first communion that weekend in Tampa. Will come up for the fall. Asheville is a great place.
Thanks
Kev

Folks, we are at the decision point. Lots of promises, little action.

We have blocks of rooms reserved at the Doubletree Hotel and Sleep Inn in Asheville for our Regional Meet. These are just across the parking lot from each other.

The Doubletree Hotel has a rate of $149/night. It is a plush hotel. The Sleep Inn has a rate of $99 per night. It is the standard Sleep Inn.

To date, only four reservations have been made - all at the Doubletree.

If these rates seem high, remember: this is the PRIME SEASON in Asheville: Weddings, Biltmore Gardens, Blue Ridge Parkway.

Please, if you are planning to come - or even thinking of it - make your reservation NOW. You can later cancel up to the day of arrival if your plans change; but if we don't have our blocks filled, we will lose them and may have to cancel.

The deadline is February 1. That's Saturday!! Don't wait. Do it now. You can cancel later if your plans change.

Thanks! The SE Chapter Planning Committee

Doubletree: 828-274-1800
Sleep-Inn Biltmore: 828-277-1800

I just tried to make reservations for two rooms from 4-30 until 5-3, but I was told that the only rooms available are $209. Is this correct? Are there any alternatives? Thank you!

Bill,
I spoke with the Doubletree yesterday and there are still rooms available....828.274.1800 and mention the Professional Car Society or http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/A/AVLBMDT-PCS-20140430/index.jhtml ( I just checked the booking link and it shows the proper rate) . The Sleep Inn ( 828.277.1800) likewise still has rooms although there was a flurry of activity in the last 2 days. If the problem persists call me Sunday as I am planning on touching base with the Sales Manager Monday.

Thanks to those that have booked thus far. We were only able to get a room block at the Sleep Inn as one wedding group cancelled two days after we negotiated with the Doubletree. That weekend is shaping up to be hectic in Asheville as rooms are filling fast at lodging near the Biltmore Entrance.

Vonda and I made reservations yesterday. Also Tony and Kathy Corriher . I am going to try and bring a car if I can get one to start. Tony is going to try and bring two of his. Jamey Boles told me he is probably bringing several. SEE YOU THERE

Lucille and I have made our reservations too! We are really looking forward to seeing everyone! We have not been to any such PCS event since 2008, so it has been a while.

The Doubletree had some computer glitches between the Asheville location and Hiltons reservation system. After a lengthy "discussion" with the sales manager we have met our block ( and it's in the computer for early/late dates) and the Doubletree will expand it as needed as long as they don't become totally booked. If you call try and do your reservations at the Asheville facility with someone at the front desk rather than being forwarded to the national booking system ( which we are learning is NOT perfect). They can hold that rate for short periods in the future...if there is a problem with booking message me. The Sleep Inn (pet friendly) can hold that rate for a few more days as it is getting close to filling our block as well. The NHAA had to expand their room blocks as well!

If you plan on attending and might be staying at another hotel or used a different booking method (most of us have Reward Points with someone) please message me as we are trying to plan a few things and would like a rough head count. If there is interest in Asheville's Haunted Trolley Tour message me as well or post here.Thanks to all who had patience in working through this we do appreciate those that are able to attend. We want you to come to Asheville, relax, explore some sites at your leisure visit with old friends and meet some new ones. This event is getting to be more and more interesting as there has been a FLOOD of room booking in just the last week for both the NHAA location as well as ours. Any thoughts, ideas or questions feel free to ask...:cool:

Doubletree - 828-274-1800

Sleep Inn - 828-277-1800

Ashvegassmall_zpscbccb661.jpg

7412d3e604e0648651bc4bb3f9fb2bf8_zps053afa83.gif

Back