1964 Pontiac Bonneville limo ?

Compare the styling of that car, with this 1961 Oldsmobile C/B. I am not certain about Superior, because they used a Script "Superior" on the rear quarter. My vote is going to be for Hess & Eisenhardt, based on the small square emblem on the rear quarter. I am far from an expert, so my vote will not carry that much value, other than based on a small piece of metal...

Attachments

• 1961-Oldsmobile-Eighty-Eight-9-Passenger-Limousine-for-sale-Rear-Three-Quarter.jpg
    1961-Oldsmobile-Eighty-Eight-9-Passenger-Limousine-for-sale-Rear-Three-Quarter.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 231
Thinking it might be a Stageway I Googled same and there it was a picture of a similar Pontiac labeled a Superior and formerly owned by a Washington State FH. Perhaps someone with better computer skills than I can go get the picture and post it.

We're the heavy glass trim looks like CB the short roof does not. Both CB and Superior were good about badging there stuff on the out side and under the hood. So that should be easy to find. I'm going to go with stageway. it looks cheap enough for them. They have a tag on the driver's door that could have come off during this repaint. Pealing of that dark tint is a chore but will worth it once it's gone.

That, as several people have already pointed out, is a 1964 Superior-Pontiac Embassy limousine. Superior extended the heavy-duty Pontiac chassis used for all of its professional cars by 27-inches to obtain a wheelbase of 150-inches and hand-crafted the bodies and interiors for these vehicles which were promoted as being eight-passenger limousines and invalid cars. In 1964, the Embassy limousine retailed for $7,937. As available Superior-Pontiac model production breakdowns do not include the Embassy vehicles, it is unknown exactly how many of these were produced in total between 1962 (when production commenced) and the end of 1967 (when production ended) or for any given model year. However, it would be a safe bet that there were very few sold, built and delivered in any year. As such, I would say that this is a vehicle of considerable rarity.

Paul, the small, square, chrome emblem on the rear quarter panels is a Superior logo - the intertwined S and C signature introduced with the 1961 product range.

Back