'51 Barnette Combo in CA

will it has the jump seat I need. all the glass on these are fairly easy to find. the rear is the same as the chevy sedan delivery up to 54 and back about 10 years. the windshield is available new and the side is all flat. but most impotent the trim is there.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 172
The seller claims that he has all of the glass for it.

That jump seat looks the same as the jump seat that I have out of a '62 C-B. Why couldn't you use something like that?

The seller claims that he has all of the glass for it.

That jump seat looks the same as the jump seat that I have out of a '62 C-B. Why couldn't you use something like that?

I can use any jump seat that looks like that. They were sold threw the funeral!supply house. Round tube, curved back.

This one has only the one in it. But I see a lot of potential under that pealing paint. Will worth the starting price.

Here ya go Ed!

I can use any jump seat that looks like that. They were sold threw the funeral!supply house. Round tube, curved back.

This one has only the one in it. But I see a lot of potential under that pealing paint. Will worth the starting price.

Then this one should work form you! I took it out of a '62 C-B Seville.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 136
Look again way different seats. The one pictured and mind are way smaller then it. I kept a set of the irons off a MM. In case I needed to make a pair. But what I'm looking for is a round tube frame ,curved back vary little padding. The way the luck is going I better find a old set of kitchen chairs to get the curved wood back to make a set.

here is a different shot of what they look like. I have only the one the other has been removed but the folding floor is still there

Attachments

• IMG_3891b.jpg
    IMG_3891b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3891a.jpg
    IMG_3891a.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 101
Where's the "round tube" that you referred to? Wouldn't it be easier to just get the hinges from a similar seat and build one? Not much more to one other than plywood, foam, and vinyl after you find the hinges.

The frame is a round tube about 1/2 inch the back is just stretched over it. Then the the hinge is simple the flatten end. The bottom is the only wood on it. If I don't find one I will attempting to build a frame out of conduit but I'm woundering if it is strong enough.. the original is stainless steel.

One other way to ID these sedan delivery builds it the way the cut the floor around the inerfender . They all did that different also.

Back