Old funeral home directories

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
I'm looking for a few funeral home directories (Red Book, Blue Book, etc.) from the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. What have you?

Please respond via private message or e-mail - thanks!

No, sir; as mentioned in the original post, I'm looking for funeral home directories (annual listings of funeral homes in the US by at least two different publishers). The one in the eBay auction is a funeral record book.

Thanks for keeping me in mind!

Will check

Steve, I'm going over to Salata's right after Labor Day. I don't know how much attic stuff Loretta purged after John Sr. died, but I clearly remember seeing these on John's "trade" shelf when I worked there. I'll ask when I go there just in case.

Steve and Bill,

I'm working on a history of Detroit funeral homes. Steve I don't know what kind of information you are looking for, but I would like to review any information you receive from this post or that Bill can find. Also, I believe NFDA headquarters have hard copies of their directories. Nomis Publications also have hard copies of their published directories.

I believe he is looking for the phone book of funeral homes. one that was printed and distributed to funeral home so they could look each other up in the days of slow communication.

I have the following Dunham's Green Books:

1940-41
1962-63
1966-67
1978-79

Not sure if you're interested in these......

Will check

Steve, I'm going over to Salata's right after Labor Day. I don't know how much attic stuff Loretta purged after John Sr. died, but I clearly remember seeing these on John's "trade" shelf when I worked there. I'll ask when I go there just in case.
Any luck?

Will check

Any luck?

Back