1975 Cadillac Ambulance CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a very nice car, but it is definately out of my range. It looks like the restoration was done well from what I can see in the pictures.

These days, there isn't much of an exchange rate like there used to be. It has been pretty close for a while now.

Two different websites that I checked are very close. One listed it 93 cents US to $1 Canadian and the otehr 92 cents US to $1 Canadian.

Going on those numbers, the $29,000 asking price would still be almost $27,000 US dollars.

If someone is paying that much call me, I have a couple available at that price for each. :D Just kidding but goes to show you just how valuable these old hi-tops are getting. They are getting very rare guys!

Originally from New Jersey

This car was owned by my dad at one point in its life. It was originally operated by the Rumson First Aid Squad, in Rumson, NJ. Not sure exactly when dad bought it, but I'm sure he can enlighten the board. Also, I believe that this vehicle was at one point in the very recent past painted hot pink as a promotional vehicle, according to a friend of mine.

Attachments

• Rumson1.jpg
    Rumson1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Rumson2.jpg
    Rumson2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 222
Originally from New Jersey

My dad owned this car many years ago. He brought it to Ontario from New Jersey. It was originally operated by the Rumson First Aid Squad and was painted blue and white. I'm sure he can enlighten the board to more details but here are a couple pinks in the Rumson livery. It has been reported to me that up until recently this car was used for promotions and was painted hot pink.

4058694525_60dbbfe07e.jpg

4059436924_2db8c5ebe0.jpg

I heard one went for $30K at auction in Gulfport, MS a few weeks back at the Cruisin' the Coast show. Anyone have the details or pictures? Heard this from one of our mechanics who saw it go....

Another one I shouldn't have sold!

Purchased this car in the summer of 1990 thru Paul Vickery for around $3500.00. Car was out of Runsom, NJ (Bruce Springsteen's home town). I kept it for about 18 months and then sold it to Parkview Medical Services in Toronto who used it for movie shoots, special events, etc. Most recently there were pictures of this car sitting in the Alliston area for sale (it was pink). A nice car but not a $29,000 car, maybe $10,000 to $12,000 range.

photosream

same ol story

nice ad but no where did I see the name of the coach builder on this one. and we all know it DOES make a difference to some of us!

Mike

Purchased this car in the summer of 1990 thru Paul Vickery for around $3500.00. Car was out of Runsom, NJ (Bruce Springsteen's home town). I kept it for about 18 months and then sold it to Parkview Medical Services in Toronto who used it for movie shoots, special events, etc. Most recently there were pictures of this car sitting in the Alliston area for sale (it was pink). A nice car but not a $29,000 car, maybe $10,000 to $12,000 range.

I would say that the paint work cost in the $6000 - $8000 range if it were done in a professional shop, however, you can't tell the quality of the work in a picture. Today, you can't buy much in the way of an ambulance for $5000 / $6000 that doesn't need a lot of money being put into it just to get it on the road safely. I can see this ambulance increasing in value with time, however, $29000, even in Canadian money is a lot to pay for an ambulance. I know of ambulances that are owned by PCS Members that have $20,000 or more invested in them. Certainly you can't expect to make a profit on these cars, however, unless you are desperate to sell it, you should at least be able to break even. One of the problems that I see with buying a vehicle like this is that it is possible that they put all the time and effort into the outside restoration, and have done nothing with the restoration of the suspension, engine, or transmission. This is where a lot of money can be spent quickly, and it will never show. Personally, I would go over any prospective purchase today with a detailed inspection if I were spending the kind of money that this person is asking. Just like a home inspection will find faults that are not readily visible to the inexperienced home buyer, so will they find issues with with a cosmetic restoration. If this car is flawless, and everything has been repaired, then the asking price is much more reasonable, then if it was a quick paint job to sell the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back