74 Miller Meteor Ambulance

1974 Cadillac Other AMBULANCE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Cadillac-Other-AMBULANCE-/331770248648?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

1974 Cadillac Miller Meteor
AMBULANCE

Don’t drive into the next car show in a boring Mustang or Camero. We’ve all seen tens of thousands of those.

Restore this very seldom seen 1974 Cadillac Miller Meteor hightop Ambulance. This car was driven to a local car show in 2012, then parked where some knucklehead kids broke a few windows and the past owner decided to sell it before more damage was done.

The car has a rare straight body with minimal body rust. The ignition key is lost, but the past owner stated with the ignition rekeyed and a new battery the car will start and drive away. Maybe.

The car has super rare Federal Solar Ray moving front facing warning lights, a HUGE Federal Q Coaster Siren, and a Federal “Director” Electronic Siren.

Inside I found an original Doctor bag, Oxogen bottles with face masks etc. The car had a factory storage box on the roof. The base of this box held water and rusted some of the center roof. But its flat steel and an easy fix for a good body man. The seats are in amazing original condition.

All is all, this car is extremely restorable. The title was lost, but I can get a Texas Bonded Title for under $350. If you’ve got questions, I’ve got answers. Call Hawkeye at 210-548-1310.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 673
This looks like a good resto candidate,*IF* the reserve does not kill it....:confused:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Ot...3f0c3dc8:g:isEAAOSwX~dWs3Pk&item=331770248648

s-l1600.jpg

plenty of pictures so you know what your getting into. the left side glass missing is the least of concerns. but will worth the opening bid. one fine example of why you buy a heavy enough trailer

Minimal rust...... an understatement. The "Q" and alternator worth $2,000 at least. "Q" seems to be mounted in a questionable way. All n all a definite project car for a brave soul.

Minimal rust...... an understatement. The "Q" and alternator worth $2,000 at least. "Q" seems to be mounted in a questionable way. All n all a definite project car for a brave soul.

"at least $2000 or more"?? If you know of anyone willing to give $1000 for an original alternator, I have a couple of them that I would be willing to sell!

I also liked the "minimal rust" statement. These '70s M-Ms really make us appreciate our Superiors! This one should be worth $2000 to $2500 in this condition.

Steve,
I feared that when I looked at the photos. I had a friend attend the city surplus auction for me when the Madison, NE rig was sold, as I was not able to attend. Must have been 20+ years ago now. I knew that it had changed owners numerous times since then. The thought of it being that car is really disturbing. As I recall, it sold for something under $3000 when the city of Madison, NE sold it at auction.

I really think we need to get Dr. Nick Studer on this one, since he and this rig are both in San Antonio!! Also, this would give him 2 rigs from Madison County Nebraska!!

Last edited:
Steve,
I feared that when I looked at the photos. I had a friend attend the city surplus auction for me when the Madison, NE rig was sold, as I was not able to attend. Must have been 20+ years ago now. I knew that it had changed owners numerous times since then. The thought of it being that car is really disturbing. As I recall, it sold for something under $3000 when the city of Madison, NE sold it at auction.

I really think we need to get Dr. Nick Studer on this one, since he and this rig are both in San Antonio!! Also, this would give him 2 rigs from Madison County Nebraska!!

Dr. Studer needs to finish one of his projects, not get more... :rolleyes:

But seriously, from my experience with working in a Chevy dealership back then those full size cars had a real propensity to rust. We were doing a lot of rust repairs on one year old cars under warranty. Something about the steel quality IIRC.

I see the bottom of the right quarter looks like it's gone too.

if you view the original link Seve posted you will see that every panel on the one is rusty including the roof if you went to put the top box back on it would fall threw. this one is a pull the light and what remains in back out it. the chop the body off at the top of the glass and behind the seat. make a hay wagon out of it. it's a parts car with out any sheet metal to part out. Mr Leadford needs it for the 500 bid to finish his lifeliner. the last working Q I sold I got 300 for. it's lights and trim that's about it.

"at least $2000 or more"?? If you know of anyone willing to give $1000 for an original alternator, I have a couple of them that I would be willing to sell!

I also liked the "minimal rust" statement. These '70s M-Ms really make us appreciate our Superiors! This one should be worth $2000 to $2500 in this condition.

"These '70s M-Ms really make us appreiate our Superiors!"

"AMEN"...Fiberglass rules !!:D

This still just blows my mind. Steve took this photo just a little over 20 years ago, not long before the city of Madison sold it at auction. It was a desirable and collectible car at that time. I will never understand how a subsequent owner could allow this to happen!

Attachments

• Madison Ambulance.jpg
    Madison Ambulance.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 185
I have a friend who aquired a 1955 MB Gullwing from his father in law in the 70's.....he was happy yo get the car for a mere 12K...he drove/trailered it to some shows and had a good time with it.....then came the "family" and other obligations he moved it outside and covered it with a tarp.:eek::confused:

That was in 1984 or so...fast forward to 2002 when I saw him and the car last...I could not believe it was the same car..was just thrashed....he had gotten a divorce and now the wife wanted half....when he found out what it COULD have been worth and what it IS worth was night and day.:eek:

Had he kept the cart "decent" even without any restoration it would have fetched 750K+...as it was he got 185K from an auction...(The Gullwings now sell well over a million when they do sell.)
I asked him WHY he did not take care of it he just replied " priorities changed"(I wanted to slap him".... I think that is what happens a lot of the time to these "valuable" cars ,procars or otherwise.

Back