1999 S&S Masterpiece in GA

EBay poster told me it came from a local upscale Funeral home. Name was not given. No maintenance records.
A little disappointed in that because it is a fine looking coach. A quick Google search of 4.6 Northstar engines has some serious warnings about cylinder head bolt issues. Most paint pretty bad pictures at the 120k miles point.
Will try and sneak a peek at it tomorrow.

Since I'm retired now I have time to take rides.
Rode out to Statesboro today, about an hour trip.
Saw the hearse. First, an absolutely no pressure dealer.
The coach has some issues. Right side mirror glass and windshield mirror not mounted. They are with the car so that really shouldn't be an issue. Right headlight cracked. To be nice, both should be replaced. Moulding loose in a couple of spots. Biggest issues, the rear bumper above tag is broken. Very big crack, perhaps backed into a post. Was not impressed with engine. Shows evidence of oil leaks. Clattering at start up. I have zero experience with Northstar engines. My spider senses said "walk". I obeyed.

From experience in a Cadillac dealership the oil leak would probably involve pulling the engine to reseal it. Threads pulling out of the block is not an unknown issue also. Timeserts are factory approved repairs when that happens.

GM no longer has either a factory new or remanufactured engine available for that year car. That too should be taken into consideration if a major failure occurs.

Back