1987 Cadillac brougham

I just want to brag we have just recently purchased our first professional car a 1987 Cadillac brougham by Superior. We got it for a very low price due to its condiotion but it matches what we need. We do have a considerable issue tho the drivers side rear window has been busted and we never realized the issues in finding commercial windows. If anyone has any suggestions on where to find one please let me know.

TIA
Alan Shell
Backwoodz Oddities

Congrads on your first pro car
I own a 87 Eureka cadillac ...also my first pro car

I'm sure you will find all the info you need to get that window replaced on here !!

again Congrads

As a temp fix you can substitute plexiglass, it is soft, will scratch easily, but will help keep the elements out for a little while. Congrats on your "new pro car. I drove an 87 and loved it.

I actually bought the car from Carl at CW Coach and he reffered me to a place in Tennesse that doesnt seem interested in looking.

I have actually considered doing the plexiglass thing just not real sure where to start on the process. I would hat to have to pull the passenger side for a template but that may be the quickest way.

If you go the plexiglass option I would go with lexan, its harder and resists scratches better, but you still need to be careful when cleaning it. All 3 of the casket compartment windows on my 91 M-M Lincoln are lexan due th the original glass delaminating.
Collins was a cheaper coachbuilder that used plex when they were new!
I cant help, but im sure someone here can tell you if other years of Superior will interchange.

Thank you all for the help I am gonna go with the lexan its not much more than Plexi and will last longer but if fo some odd reason you see a window let me know.

Glass

I just want to brag we have just recently purchased our first professional car a 1987 Cadillac brougham by Superior. We got it for a very low price due to its condiotion but it matches what we need. We do have a considerable issue tho the drivers side rear window has been busted and we never realized the issues in finding commercial windows. If anyone has any suggestions on where to find one please let me know

I have all the glass out of a 83 Superior might be the same , if you give me some measurements I can ck what I have.

I have all the glass out of a 83 Superior might be the same , if you give me some measurements I can ck what I have.

the window opening measures 32 5/8" at the top 37 1/4" at the bottom and 17 " tall The best I can measure is 9/16" of channel on the top and the 2 sides so I think the widths counting for the channels would be 33 3/4" top 38 3/8" bottom. if you need more measurements let me know what I can do thank you.

Got the following information from Accubuilt...

The hearse is not a commercial as Superior & S&S did not start building Commercial hearses until late 1988. Ellis Gaylon from Ambulance & Coach Sales of Nashville, Tennessee bought our inventory of parts in 1993 and I show that we sent him 5 RH Glass Part No. 766372 & 12 LH Glass Part No. 766373. I do not know if he still has all of the glass but he can call him at 615-481-8021.

Ambulance & Coach Sales
1212 Jo Johnston
Nashville, TN 37072
615-329-0800

so one should be able to pick up a used glass and a yard that has one or a new one at any glass shop.

Nope... That isn't what the email says.. It says that they didn't start building commercial (glass) hearses until 1988. That means that the windshield isn't a raised glass windshield, however, it doesn't preclude them from using a proprietary side glass. I believe that in all probability, the side glass was a proprietary piece of glass based on the information given in the email this is why the part numbers were included. There is little doubt in my mind that the rear side door glass of a hearse is longer than any standard production door glass of a similar brand of car built in the same time period.

Got the following information from Accubuilt...

Ambulance & Coach Sales
1212 Jo Johnston
Nashville, TN 37072
615-329-0800

Thank you so much for the information I am impressed you took the time to look it up and that you were able to get the details. I called Ambulance and Coach once and they said that all of the windows they have are in an old trailer and there arent any numbers but now that I have the part number I will call them again thank you.

if they did not number them when they put them in the trailer, you having one won't help. go the junk yard ask for a drivers door glass for a caddy or drop down to your glass shop and have them order one for you. it's a standard caddy door glass from the information revived from accubuilt.

Glass

Here are a few pics. This with the rubber , The rear glass just sets in from the inside and the rubber sets against the inside frame. And it came out of a 80 Superior not 83 like I thought. When I get a extra hand to hold the glass I ,ll pull the rubber off and get some better #s

Attachments

• DSC08039.jpg
    DSC08039.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC08040.jpg
    DSC08040.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC08041.jpg
    DSC08041.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC08042.jpg
    DSC08042.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC08043.jpg
    DSC08043.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC08044.jpg
    DSC08044.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 92
Thank you for taking the time to measure your window for me but the window that is broken in mine deffinetly is larger and is installed differently it sets in regular "felt" window channels and is sealed with a silicone like rubber. The end loader door on mine has a rubber gasket but not the rear doors.

Back