66 cad hightop

gonna go a little south and try to buy me a 66...sold the dog and rented out the wife and gonna try and come home with a project that will probaly get me divorced.. but hey i can always get another wife [sic}::

but not the dog,every dog owner I know, believes their dog is the only one who understands where they are coming from and supports them.

You might want to think twice about "selling the dog".

George Graham Vest (1830-1904) served as U.S. Senator from Missouri from 1879 to 1903 and became one of the leading orators and debaters of his time. This delightful speech is from an earlier period in his life when he practiced law in a small Missouri town. It was given in court while representing a man who sued another for the killing of his dog. During the trial, Vest ignored the testimony, and when his turn came to present a summation to the jury, he made the following speech and won the case.
thin-blue-365.jpg

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.
The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.
If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.
George Graham Vest - c. 1855

dog staying

ok ok ! gonna keep the dog. she would just run home anyway. maybe the 66 stingray.. well no, maybe the 80 s&s, no, maybe the motorhome.. no, need it to go to florida for int meet. hmmm, maybe the wife could get a job... no that wouldnt work, guess ill just have to dip into the super secret discrecianary fund . was saving for rebuild costs but hey gotta have something to work on first. wish me luck.. o by the way not miamitown car. i was to late on that one, wish i hadda though, nice ride that i wish had of become mine, probaly saved me money in long run but not the joy of doing it yorself. i guess , probaly not but hey , want it...

sell him quick to a friend for a buck that way when your wife takes you to the cleaners over this wild spending spree you maybe able to talk him into returning the dog.
but just remember you can have x lovers - x girl friends -x wives, but once you got a mother-in-law she is yours for life. some things in life you can't divorce.

80 s&s

yes sir .my son borrowed my camera{hadn't seen it in weeks} but will post pics soon. car has 6400 miles and is nice but silver is faded on one side due to west facing. my sister used it at her fh last week for a service as her 04 cad was on another service and she said it ran perfect except ac was cycling. ill take care of that next week. car has gold interior but silver exterior . weird combination of colors but thats the way i bought from a fh here in Houston 10 years ago. never had a cot in it and has only had caskets. replaced tires 8 years ago but other than service {oil etc..} has never been touched and i cannot bring myself to put miles on it as i want to keep them low.. thanks for posting appreciate it.

The mother-in-law....don't you mean...THE MONSTER-IN-LAW !!!!

you can always find another G/F, wife....but a good dog ? never !!

I have had my 77 Mini Cooper longer then I have had my wife.... and everytime I drive her ...she always puts a smile on my face....can't say that about my wife ! lol

oh ya we were talking about dogs right....sorry :smileflagcan::pat:

keeping old cars

I have a 71 Chevy Cheyenne super that will never leave me, I totally understand. dogs die, wifes leave, horses get sold but my truck will never ever be sold. when I die it will go to my son with the knowledge that he must keep it till he dies. One constant has always been my pickup. here in Texas its almost a religion about men and their trucks.

I would never get rid of the dog...the dog is the only one besides me who really enjoys going for rides in the old cars. My wife doesn't like to do it, kids don't like to do it......just the dogs

So tell us about this '66 hightop you found? As Kevin mentioned I sold "Miamitown" a 1966 Cadillac Superior hightop ambulance to someone in Texas... curious if that's the ambulance you're after...

Back