first car show

I took my coach to her first car show on Sat. and the first time I have taken a funeral Coach to a car show...wow what a difference.

People will be walking around looking at all the cars and then they see the coach, most stop talking, most will take a wide birth around the car not walking up too close and some say stupid things like 'I smell death" OMG !!!!

I was shocked at how most people react when they see it
only a few asked to see the inside

I think I'm going to build a display showing the public on how they were build and show the workmanship that went into building these cars.

I'm looking for some factory photo's of them building the cars.

:myopinion:

educating the public

Mike,
When you have a procar you also take on the job of educator. I find that most people will respond well when we are willing to tell them about our coaches. We all have heard the remarks and wise cracks but I think those folks are in the minority.
Hope your display info board comes together for you.
Mike

I used to do something that I think helped people look at the car as a car, which often generated real automotive curiosity, and not morbid curiosity. I set out a board in from of the coach with a brief explanation of what the PCS is and who we are as collectors, and I surrounded that by about 25 photos of professional cars of all sorts and all years (mostly pictures I took at the annual meets). I think it helped some people see our cars as unique purpose-built cars, and less of death-mobiles, mobster cars, and ghostbusters replicas.

Back