This is an interesting one - 1973 Olds Hightop

David Henry

PCS Member
So for 12.5 you can own this awesome high top Ambulance for only 12.5k

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/6165645104.html

Original Olds 455 rocket big block professional series with 44,000 original miles. Runs perfect, all original inside, power, heat, gurney mounts. Mounted on 1977 Chevy 3+3;4 door long bed 4x4 with heavy duty Dana 60 axels, custom flames and build.

Attachments

• IMG_4206.jpg
    IMG_4206.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 372
Will if discription Is accurate it has a nice done body to put on your chassis. Those flames will make a good base for other paint. The nice part about this set is the body will fit 71 to the 75 by swapping the nose and taillights.

$1500 parts car. Someone wasted a whole lot of time & money on that thing!

Last edited:
Don't know that I've ever seen someone mount a cot bar on the passenger side. I guess I could see why, if you can get two stretchers in side by side with no need for an attendant, just never seen it before. Then again, it could be part of the "custom build." Something you ambulance folks seen before or done in your old service?

I believe that Bill Marcy's '68 Superior Pontiac has a cot bar on both sides. I guess, that way, you are prepared for anything.

U look hard at the body. Does it not scream DOD at you. Ex military set up for 4 pt normally. My 72 was set up for 2. The front jump seat will fold across in front of the cabinets. The 73 S&S landau combo I had was set up for dule gurnies also.

My 71 Oldsmobile Cotner Bevington (ex-military) had cot mounts on both sides. I believe that was an option on a lot of Government units. We have here a heavyweight contender for the 2017 cruelty to coaches award. DUMBASS!!:mad:

Ugh. All I can say.

Don't know that I've ever seen someone mount a cot bar on the passenger side. I guess I could see why, if you can get two stretchers in side by side with no need for an attendant, just never seen it before. Then again, it could be part of the "custom build." Something you ambulance folks seen before or done in your old service?
I knew of a shady ambulance service here in MD that used exclusively 70s S&S ambulances (in the 80s). They had two cots, and would frequently transport patients on both cots, with both members of the crew riding up front. When ambulance regulations came into place, they closed down.

Back